I need energy to workout...

Options
Hi- I am so tired and exhausted but I have taken too many days off and need to get a workout in. How do I get a quick energy burst? Any suggestions? I am planning to workout at 3pm.

Replies

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Some Protein and Fat like mixed nuts or peanuts usually help give me some energy and once I get going it multiplies

29509743.png
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Pre workout snack.
  • Scarecrowsama
    Scarecrowsama Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Instead of finding a drug to have energy find out why you have low energy levels. Do you sleep properly? what about your nutrition? stress? the answer is always in those three aspects. Once you find it and fix it you will not need to ask for energy.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    cuppa coffee, or

giphy.gif
  • choosing_fitness
    Options
    Instead of finding a drug to have energy find out why you have low energy levels. Do you sleep properly? what about your nutrition? stress? the answer is always in those three aspects. Once you find it and fix it you will not need to ask for energy.

Thank you for your insight. My life right now is very hectic and sleep has been minimal. I am gaining fat, particularly belly fat but I am going to concentrate on getting my health in line by getting more sleep.

Also, thank you everyone for the suggestions. :-)

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I find that drinking a water bottle about half an hour before a workout perks me up.
  • Scarecrowsama
    Options
    Thank you for your insight. My life right now is very hectic and sleep has been minimal. I am gaining fat, particularly belly fat but I am going to concentrate on getting my health in line by getting more sleep.

Before taking anything that is going to fry you more, focus on your sleep and stress levels, they both go together, I suffered of sleep problems long time and I know how important it is to fix the sleep, and stress is just go to add more to the mountain.

The belly fat accumulation may be a sigh of high stress, because cortisol tends to accumulate abdominal fat.

Any tea, coffee, energy drink, whatever, any of that is going to add more stress on your adrenal glands, which are responsible for stress managements, and once your adrenals are fried, so you do.
  • Scarecrowsama
    Options
    As a last comment I would encourage you to check your training program, you may consider staying off the gym for a while, you might be over training and that is more for the formula of stress. Try to stay one week out of the gym to see if you sleep better.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

if you're gaining weight, then you are eating over your maintenance.
    sleep alone, while great for you, will not solve this.

what kind of workout are you planning on doing?

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    more iron? more food? is it just mental?

if it's just mental then tell your brain to stfu, it has nothing to do with this and it's your body's turn.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    They all said it pre workout snack usually carbs. banana is a good choice plus make sue you are hydrated. Protein after, especially if you have been doing weights.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

If you're gaining, you're not in a deficit. For energy, try a protein bar prior to your workout.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I use C4 Cellucor pre workout mix before my workout IF I'm feeling out of sorts that day. One scoop into 6oz of water a half hour before I hit the gym. Be careful with some preworkouts out there, one put me in the hospital!!
  • choosing_fitness
    Options
    You are all right about eating above maintenance. I have been, and obviously my bodies know too ;) I think that on top of my massive stressful life has me gaining fat. :-( but today is a NEW DAY!!