Under daily calorie, but consistently over on protein, sugar, or both

Options
2»

Replies

• Scarecrowsama
    Scarecrowsama Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    The point is people don't have to eat high fat and low in sugar. There is no rule to that. I eat moderate fat 60-70g per day and I could care less about the sugar. Why haven't I failed?

They don't have to, each individual is different and there are so many factors.

The negative effects of sugar in the body are endless, just research it, they don't happen from one day to another.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    The point is people don't have to eat high fat and low in sugar. There is no rule to that. I eat moderate fat 60-70g per day and I could care less about the sugar. Why haven't I failed?

They don't have to, each individual is different and there are so many factors.

The negative effects of sugar in the body are endless, just research it, they don't happen from one day to another.

Given that the body breaks down most foods into sugars to convert to energy, I'm really, really curious about these 'endless' negative effects that, apparently, the body is voluntarily subjecting itself to in order to stay alive.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    You are exactly doing the opposite of what you should do, which is going low in fat and high in sugar, switch that balance and you will see the results, of course when I say eat more fat I mean healthy fats, not canola oil and margarine.

The ideal macro balance varies from person to person, but you have no basis to claim that the OP is eating low fat and high sugar, let alone that she's doing the opposite of what will work for her.

She said she's over protein, based on the MFP macros (which are usually too low in protein, IMO, and anyway are more of a minimum). Protein often comes with fat. She DID NOT say she's over carbs, so we can probably assume she's not. She's over sugar, but that's easy to do with dairy and fruit, and IMO the idea that eating fruit is to be avoided or severely limited is a little nuts.

Most likely she's doing just fine. IF she's not feeling satiated, then she should look at her macros and maybe experiment, but she didn't say that's an issue.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I will note that during the discussion in the recent keto thread a few people (including me) brought up that their only issue with keto was how some low carb people felt compelled to tell everyone that they needed to do low carb or cut sugar. Others responded claiming to not see these posts. IMO, this thread is a typical example where the OP asked a question and got unsolicited advice that she needs to cut carbs and sugar when so far as we can tell she's doing just fine and having no problems maintaining her calorie limit and eating healthy as she understands it.

I see that on just about every similar thread, and it's what I was referring to.