Which holiday coming up are you most excited for and why?

Options

Replies

• Ripfit138
    Ripfit138 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    doty0815 wrote: »
    Black Friday.... I wait all year.... I love getting to be rude and its ok because everyone else is just as rude >:)

You people are the reason I love Amazon.com
  • Roogura
    Roogura Posts: 11
    Options
    This year? Halloween and Thanksgiving are a tie. On Halloween, I'm seeing my friends and we're going out and then having a horror movie marathon, so that'll be fun. Also, all fall season, I'm very festive. I buy pumpkins, pumpkin candles, go to festivals, walk around Salem. Fall is just a really fun time for me.

Thanksgiving is tied this year because I'm seeing family that I haven't seen in years, and I was about 50 lbs heavier when I last saw them, so it should be interesting to see them. Also, we're meeting in San Francisco. So that's always fun.
  • PaigeMaster90
    PaigeMaster90 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    thanksgiving <3 Its my sons first holiday shared with all of my family o:)
  • p0ck3t
    p0ck3t Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Christmas! Time for holiday parties, roaring fireplaces, good food with friends and family, and snow!
  • jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    digginDeep wrote: »
    jodynolte wrote: »
    doty0815 wrote: »
    Black Friday.... I wait all year.... I love getting to be rude and its ok because everyone else is just as rude >:)

Bummed about this as I work retail on this day... please be nice to us...

It depends on how drunk I am - at first I am snarky, and ask the salespeople for left-handed nut crushers, then I get sad, then I get angry and argue about what 10% off "really" means if you pre-inflate the prices, then I get happy, then my family puts me to bed in the back of the station wagon with a shopping bag to puke into. I love BlackFriday, or as I call it, every Friday!

I just work there... and depends on how drunk I am too! ;)
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Christmas!!!! i LOVE Christmas!!!!! I'm already planning our party which this year will make it an annual affair
  • SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm least excited about Halloween. Spending money on candy for other people's kids that really don't need to eat that much candy anyway doesn't excite me. I'm not a huge fan of kids anyway. Plus, we have a dog that freaks out every time our doorbell is rang and we have to physically hold her back so she doesn't bolt out the door and cover whoever is on the other side with puppy kisses. So, we'll be the jerks with our porch light off yet again this year...not that that'll stop parents from letting their little brats ring our doorbell anyway. Don't these people know the universal sign for "*kitten* off* on Halloween?

I'm excited about Thanksgiving because food. I'm excited for Christmas just because of the holiday feels. This is the first Christmas where my husband and I are both employed full-time and no one is a poor college student. We haven't bought Christmas gifts for anyone in several years because of that, and this year I think we'll spend my Christmas bonus on little gifts for each other and next year's HOA fees. Ah, being an adult sure does suck sometimes.

Are you sure you don't like Halloween? Because you would make a perfect witch.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. I love dressing up for Halloween, but Thanksgiving is all about family (and I confess, I love the food). We don't celebrate Christmas, and don't really make a huge deal about Chanukah...but I do enjoy the holiday season...the lights, the parties, the goodwill and cheer.
  • crystallynnl
    crystallynnl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    All of them I get to work. I will try to work out with my mom and brother to have some kind of family meal. But I doubt it. Can't even go down to visit my boyfriend's family for Holidays. He works all the Holidays as well. But at least we both are working. I will have to make sure to spoil my dog for the Holidays..
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Christmas, because of the presents, my pink tree, candy canes, wrapping things, and making Christmas Crackers.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    New Years!!! Sexy outfit ( that fits finally), friends, hotel room downtown and I don't have to work!!
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    New Years!!! Sexy outfit ( that fits finally), friends, hotel room downtown and I don't have to work!!

Ditto- though mine typically includes puke-drenched hair and the morning after pill.

You know how to celebrate. I know who I want to pre-game with.
  • mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Deer season :)
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options

Ditto- though mine typically includes puke-drenched hair and the morning after pill.
    - omg, we gotta hang out!

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I'm least excited about Halloween. Spending money on candy for other people's kids that really don't need to eat that much candy anyway doesn't excite me. I'm not a huge fan of kids anyway. Plus, we have a dog that freaks out every time our doorbell is rang and we have to physically hold her back so she doesn't bolt out the door and cover whoever is on the other side with puppy kisses. So, we'll be the jerks with our porch light off yet again this year...not that that'll stop parents from letting their little brats ring our doorbell anyway. Don't these people know the universal sign for "*kitten* off* on Halloween?

I'm excited about Thanksgiving because food. I'm excited for Christmas just because of the holiday feels. This is the first Christmas where my husband and I are both employed full-time and no one is a poor college student. We haven't bought Christmas gifts for anyone in several years because of that, and this year I think we'll spend my Christmas bonus on little gifts for each other and next year's HOA fees. Ah, being an adult sure does suck sometimes.

Uh, sick burn, brah.
  • MyTurn2BHappy
    MyTurn2BHappy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Halloween for the scary stuff and Christmas for the presents... They bring out my inner child! :#
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving...so I can stuff my face and wear fat pants.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Halloween. It's my first Halloween off in almost 10 years AND I finally talked a friend into doing a "couples' costume" idea that I've been wanting to do forever!!!! I'm so excited! Other than that, I am excited for all of the upcoming holidays. I love Thanksgiving, and I am overflowing in the blessing department. Christmas is so much fun now that I am a grandma...Delia is 4 and one of those aforementioned blessings. :smile: And New Year's EVE is a crazy work day for me, but New Year's Day always motivates with the potential and possibilities of newness.
  • brittanyleigh1220
    brittanyleigh1220 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Hahaha I thought so too! Geez.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving. I cant wait to be spend some time with my family.