Gettin a bit peeved!

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I haven't tried any of the fancy tools yet.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    afclong wrote: »
    If you were truly eating 1000 calories you would be losing weight.

I am losing weight! ? why would i lie about it? myt 2nd week i was averaging 800 cals a day
    In 28 days how many total pounds did you lose?
    Then this week you gained some back? How many?
    Did you recently start working out?
    How do you know how many calories you average daily going by weekly increments if you don't properly measure your food and you don't track your cheat days?

If I'm reading OP's comments correctly, they recently increased calories and weighed late in the day. It's a water weight fluctuation.

• bokaba
    bokaba Posts: 171 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Unfortunately, quality weight loss and health improvements may take several years. Your weight may also vary from time to time. If I am retaining water from a hard workout plus retaining water in my intestines from IBS and diverticulosis, my weight can vary more than 10 lbs. I practiced a low calorie diet a few months ago because I needed to lose around 10% of my body weight fast due to medical complications. I felt okay for a while, but became faint, weak, dizzy, my fingernails were cracking, had insomnia, my testosterone levels tanked, and lost a lot of muscle. An extremely low calorie diet is not advisable unless there is some compelling medical reason you need to lose weight quickly.

After I lost most of the weight I needed to, I started lifting weights and eating more reasonably. I feel great except being sore from workouts. I am off most medications I was depending on before. I have not really lost any weight since I increased calories, but the places I store fat have become visibly smaller. My clothes used to not fit around my belly, but now I have the opposite problem: they don't fit around my chest, shoulders, and arms.

In short, even if you don't lose any weight, improving your eating habits and lifestyle will be worth it by itself.
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    gilmore606 wrote: »
    you seem like a really nice honest guy so i'll be straight with you: everyone on this board is an idiot. ignore all that crap about 'eat more' and 'starvation mode' and 'you're building muscle (trust me you aren't)' and whatever other momscience they're throwing, just keep doing what you're doing, you're fine. it's a marathon not a sprint, the scale will go up and down, it's the long trend that matters. stay the course my friend you are doing great.

Unless he keeps lowering his calories every time he gets frustrated... he said he's already at 800 some days. To continue lowering until he sees results seems like a recipe for disaster. And I think there's a name for people like that, but I won't say it cuz I'll probably get flagged. And maybe getting it all from fruit is unwise... Maybe? No?
  • arditarose
    Options
    you seem like a really nice honest guy so i'll be straight with you: everyone on this board is an idiot. ignore all that crap about 'eat more' and 'starvation mode' and 'you're building muscle (trust me you aren't)' and whatever other momscience they're throwing, just keep doing what you're doing, you're fine. it's a marathon not a sprint, the scale will go up and down, it's the long trend that matters. stay the course my friend you are doing great.

The only science I'm throwing out there is 800=bad/not enough/etc.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

The long trend is, even if he's truly eating the calories he says, he's not getting adequate nutrition and risking losing LBM at such a low calorie level.
  • afclong
    afclong Posts: 20
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Thanks all for your kindness & opinions, I will track more accurately, But believe me if my figures are higher than logged i would guarentee them being no more than 10% higher,
    Bugs me people thinking i would purposely not tell the truth when i'm looking for help & advice! I'm not quitting anyway beat smoking last November an I'll beat this, Not having that BMI thing calling me 'Obese' Xx
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    @afclong wrote: »
    Thanks all for your kindness & opinions, I will track more accurately, But believe me if my figures are higher than logged i would guarentee them being no more than 10% higher,
    Bugs me people thinking i would purposely not tell the truth when i'm looking for help & advice! I'm not quitting anyway beat smoking last November an I'll beat this, Not having that BMI thing calling me 'Obese' Xx

Ummm... ok, I'm just gonna straight up ask...
    Aren't you STARVING? On 800 cals of fruit a day? Not, like the scientifically controversial term of "starvation mode"... like literally aren't you HUNGRY all day long? Aren't you afraid you're gonna pass out in the pool and drown?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    afclong wrote: »

It's not a matter of lying. It's really, really common for people to underestimate their calories by several hundred if they're eyeballing portions, using inaccurate entries or generic recipes, or using measuring cups where a food scale is more appropriate. It can be enough to wipe out the deficit someone thinks they're creating. Since it's so common, it's important to make sure that these are things you've accounted for in your diary.

• afclong
    edited October 2014
    Options
    crisb2 wrote: »

Aren't you STARVING? On 800 cals of fruit a day? Not, like the scientifically controversial term of "starvation mode"... like literally aren't you HUNGRY all day long? Aren't you afraid you're gonna pass out in the pool and drown?

Ha no honestly, never was a big eater but ate silly, bed goodies pastrys take aways etc, Im eating like a gerbil now! I know ya didnt mean to but you've actuallyt made me hungry now! an apple maybe :) and im nearer to 1500 lately not 800! eating like a king x

• Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    crisb2 wrote: »

I wasn't even going to say anything but then I took a look at his diary. So much this! Aren't you starving? I mean you eat less then I do and I don't eat a lot compared to most people on here. You need to figure out a healthy balanced way to eat. Only toast for breakfast? No lunch at all and then a small dinner? There is a better way to eat. Please consider what these people are telling you. You are a man, you should be eating more then a petite woman, not less (and by less I mean a LOT less). You are going to make yourself ill and like stated above pass out. People here aren't calling you a liar, they are telling you the way you are eating is very unhealthy. If your diary is true (which you are saying it) then you are not eating enough.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Oh my gosh. So much fruit. Bleh. What do they call those people who only eat fruit? Fruitinarians or something?
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Click Goals > Change Goals > Guided, Continue, enter in your accurate information and realistic goal weight, and click Update Profile. MFP will give you good information on how many calories you should eat each day to safely lose weight. You can lose weight without feeling like you are starving all the time. I promise!

Good luck! :)

Direct Link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals
    BMR Calculator: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator

19507081.png
  • afclong
    edited October 2014
    Options
    So of the 21 days you've logged, 8 are under 400 calories. How does that work?
    previous posts have confirmed my diary logging needs to be improved as stated, My first post I said I'm averaging 1000 cals per day which is probably pretty true quote,

How does that work? It doesn't! which is indeed the purpose of this whole post.
  • bokaba
    bokaba Posts: 171 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    People in North Korean labor camps eat under 400 calories a day, but don't usually live very long.