TRT, HCG, Progesterone

Options
dawsonjd
dawsonjd Posts: 27
edited October 2014 in Introduce Yourself
Hey, everyone. Wanted to get everyone's opinion on what I'm doing. First things first I'm 30 years old 6'1" and 270 lbs. Over the last 10 years I've lost over 50 lbs 3 times, but always gained it back. Last Oct I had my T checked and i was @ 180, basically a 70 year old man. I started on Testosterone injections and have been on the for almost a year now. Now i'm starting something new. Below is what i'm doing wanted to see if anyone else had similar medicines they are taking and at what amounts. I'm given the following medicines:

Cypionate (test) 240mg weekly
HCG 125iu daily
Progesterone 50mg (troche) daily
Vitamin D, B-12, calcium tablets

He mentioned that I need to be on a 500 calorie diet, but i refuse to cut that low. I did cut down to 1500 calories, but kept my protein at 1g per lb of muscle, and very low fat. It seems to me that protocol will cause you to gain all the weight back as soon as you come off. 500 calories isn't realistic for how hard I lift either, I would pass out in the squat rack. I'm a firm believer in the "consult a physician before starting any workout routine." its imperative to know whats going on chemically in your body before you start. I could lift all day long and eat 1000 grams of protein a day, but with t-levels at 180 i would have never seen progress. Just wanted to get everyone's feedback.

Replies

• dawsonjd
    Options
    haha who flagged this as spam....rude
  • johnn3y
    johnn3y Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    have you always been on 240mg cypionate since you started? How long while on the cyp before you started feeling better? did you just start the HCG? I'm 32 got mine checked and it's at 78 so I'm interested, thanks.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    HCG, Progesterone, here I thought you were a woman trying to hold on to a pregnancy... that is what they would be given.
    Who is "He says"
    Those that I've known to do HCG for weight loss have gained it back after.
    I have no opinion on Testosterone....

• Yourkindagirl
    Yourkindagirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I did HCG last year with the 500 calorie diet. I lost very quickly, and as soon as I began to eat carbs, I gained the weight back plus some, so you are very wise to ignore that part of the diet. I lowered my carb intake to jumpstart my diet. I have gradually added complex carbs back into my diet with an occasional splurge on simple carbs. I truly believe the HCG doesn't really do anything. I think the results would be the same because of the diet. I really think it is waste of money.

Also, you have got to develop a plan of how you will resume realistic eating, so you don't gain all of the weight back plus some. I am back at Weight Watchers. I knew when I tried this last year, I was not doing what was best. I was just wanting results fast. Rapid weight loss normally comes back just as rapidly. If you only lost 5 pounds a month, at the end of the year, you would be down 60 pounds. Nine times out of ten, it won't come back either. I'm not normally so preachy, but then again, you did ask. :smiley: So that's my two cents. Good luck.
  • dawsonjd
    Options
    johnn3y wrote: »
    have you always been on 240mg cypionate since you started? How long while on the cyp before you started feeling better? did you just start the HCG? I'm 32 got mine checked and it's at 78 so I'm interested, thanks.

Hey Johnn3y, no i actually started at 130 a year ago, and have slowly worked up to 240. My numbers were good for a while, then suddenly my body started absorbing it like crazy. They test my peak and i was around 1200 which is above average buy 5 days later i was back at 280. thats when they started gradually taking me up, i'm curious to see what my levels are at in two weeks when i do my blood draw again.

It took about 2 months before i could really feel anything, like i said, i didnt start at the dose i needed, i've had to work up to it. I would recommend it, its changed my life and how i feel, as well as improving my moods 100%.
  • dawsonjd
    edited October 2014
    Options
    nancybuss wrote: »
    HCG, Progesterone, here I thought you were a woman trying to hold on to a pregnancy... that is what they would be given.
    Who is "He says"
    Those that I've known to do HCG for weight loss have gained it back after.
    I have no opinion on Testosterone....
    "he says" is my t-doc. Progesterone is found in men too, its common for mens levels to get out of wack when starting trt so sometimes PROG is given to bring levels back up to normal, with a dramatic jump in my t does it caused my estrogen levels to go up and proge levels to plummet. i have to take these things for 30-60 days until my body adjust and levels even out.
  • dawsonjd
    Options
    I did HCG last year with the 500 calorie diet. I lost very quickly, and as soon as I began to eat carbs, I gained the weight back plus some, so you are very wise to ignore that part of the diet. I lowered my carb intake to jumpstart my diet. I have gradually added complex carbs back into my diet with an occasional splurge on simple carbs. I truly believe the HCG doesn't really do anything. I think the results would be the same because of the diet. I really think it is waste of money.

Also, you have got to develop a plan of how you will resume realistic eating, so you don't gain all of the weight back plus some. I am back at Weight Watchers. I knew when I tried this last year, I was not doing what was best. I was just wanting results fast. Rapid weight loss normally comes back just as rapidly. If you only lost 5 pounds a month, at the end of the year, you would be down 60 pounds. Nine times out of ten, it won't come back either. I'm not normally so preachy, but then again, you did ask. :smiley: So that's my two cents. Good luck.

hey thanks for the reply, for men hcg does some great things that i wont get into on here, but basically it reverses some of the minor side effects from TRT.

My biggest problem is my mindset when i stop a diet, I think that because i ate bad or cheated i shouldn't go to the gym which leads me to eventually stop going, or i reached my goal and just stop completely, thats the mindset i'm trying to fix this go around. My goal this go around is to get back to 220 and stay there for a year.
  • dawsonjd
    Options
    johnn3y wrote: »
    did you just start the HCG?

Sorry missed this question, i've been on HCG for about 2 weeks now, but just got serious about my diet 2 days ago, injections not drops (drops are useless and can't be absorbed properly) the first 2 days i lost 5 lbs, still eating 1500-1800 calories, 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat. If this continues i wont be dropping calories anymore. The greatest benefit of trt and hcg is the ability to lose fat and protect muscle. It was explained to me that HCG and Test combined are very effective at weight loss. I will let everyone know how the 1500 calorie diet goes.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    jfep.gif
  • dawsonjd
    Options
    i dont understand the gif
  • dawsonjd
    Options
    its not the only reason i'm using hcg. and you can search for hcg and find 100 threads
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.
  • dawsonjd
    edited October 2014
    Options
    a) it has not be proven to be unsafe or safe
    b) its controversial because of the 500 calorie diet which i'm not doing
    c) it has been prescribed to me from a medical professional
    d) its nothing more than taking a supplement, its there to help achieve a certain weight loss goal with healthy eating and working out
    e) as i've said i'm not just using it for weight loss alone, it also assist trt treatment.

and most importantly if you dont like it, skip over it. Maybe the way I'm doing it will be a way to show people it can still be done healthy and maintained, btw there are over 100 threads dedicated to hcg.
  • dawsonjd
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    dawsonjd wrote: »
    its not the only reason i'm using hcg. and you can search for hcg and find 100 threads

Sure you can find the threads and there are plenty that were deleted, like this one will be
    well they date back to aug 2012, if it happens it happens either way, thank you for your time and good luck along your journey.....what ever that is
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,614 Member
    Options
    If you're on cypionate then why also HCG? HCG is a post cycle therapy not for "during" cycle use. Getting ripped off if you're paying for it now.

If you HRT doc is doing it right, it should be a combo cycle of Test and HGH.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • dawsonjd
    edited October 2014
    Options
    hcg is used for many different reasons during trt, if your hcg levels drop to low, if you want to have kids with out getting off hcg and to mitigate testicle shrinkage. trt is not something you come off of. you might be thinking about high does and steroid use

i dont pay for in my insurance does, but since i've been on it everything has been better
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,614 Member
    Options
    dawsonjd wrote: »
    hcg is used for many different reasons during trt, if your hcg levels drop to low, if you want to have kids with out getting off hcg and to mitigate testicle shrinkage. trt is not something you come off of. you might be thinking about high does and steroid use

i dont pay for in my insurance does, but since i've been on it everything has been better
    ANY TRT use will reduce natural test and hence the reason for HCG therapy after. HCG isn't abundant in males.
    Also why progesterone? Why not Arimidex instead? Straight progesterone can increase estradiol and increase risk of gynocomastia.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • dawsonjd
    edited October 2014
    Options
    exactly, but if you never plan on coming off of trt, which is most people, because if you do your t-lvls crash back to normal or lower, you use it in conjunction with trt.

progesterone was just used to get my lvls back to normal, it also helps reduce the impact of estrogen on the body, contrary to what you said, i've read and my doctor agrees it actually reduces the chances of getting gynocomstia and raises libido.