I need a kick in the bum please

Options
Hey guys,

Please don't be gentle with me, be as blunt as possible...I need it.

I've fallen off the wagon (again) and it seems to be rolling me over.

I've gained back 9lbs over the last month. My belly is bloated and I wiggle in all sorts of places. I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror.

I've been slacking on my diet, eating way too much! I've caught myself "justifying" 2 candy bars or a bag of chips with dip, telling myself I was going for a walk in the evening. and the worst thing is I refuse to log it all for fear of seeing the big red number.

Working out has died, canceled my gym membership due to financial restrictions. I had gotten myself 30ds....its still wrapped in plastic. the only thing I am still consistent with is walking, i try to get at least a 30min walk in the day, but I know that's not enough....I remember when I did the 30 pushup challenge back in May...I did!...30 push ups a day for 30 days...now I can barely do 5.

I need a swift kick in the pants...I've been considering stop eating because food is becoming my enemy....when I eat I am miserable...I am fat when I eat.

Replies

• TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hold our breath as long as you can, and think how bad you want to take in some air. You have to want to reach those fitness goals just as bad. Either go eat some milk and cookies and enjoy them, or get out every morning and walk or run towards your goals. Keep your calories down and eat enough to have energy for daily activity. Keep protein up to keep that hunger monster off your back. Now go! Run after it like you mean it, like you really want to acheive it!

Give your tomorrow's self something to thank you for today.
  • forevermaryb
    forevermaryb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Look at your profile. Look at all the fitness goals you want accomplished. Nothing in life is just handed to you; you have to work for it. Put the slacking off the diet and exercise behind you. It's done and over. Today is a new day. Decide on the person you want to be and DO it. Nothing worked for me until I decided to put the excuses away and do the work I needed to do. That doesn't mean I didn't have bad days (or weeks) because I did, but I can say I am very, very grateful that I did it.
  • Trishism
    Trishism Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You know, gaining only 9lbs back isn't that bad, it can be recovered pretty quickly. The longer you put off getting things in gear, the more you'll have gained and the harder it'll be to get back to how you were doing. If you need to have a snack like chips or a chocolate bar, buy the smallest bag possible of them that you can and make sure it's within your daily calorie limit when you eat it. Don't eat back your exercised calories until you've actually exercised(because it's so easy to get lazy and not go on that walk like you meant to). I've been in the negative cycle before where I eat because I'm miserable and I'm miserable because I'm so big - the only person it hurts is yourself.

Do yourself a favour and force yourself to do that workout, and do your best to have a couple good days in a row - you'll feel so much better and hopefully it'll motivate you to keep going!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    thanks guys =) i knew I could trust you guys to help me get my mojo back :smile:
  • CMcD1445
    CMcD1445 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Having a reliability partner is key. A fitbit that tracks calorie output is second best. Using booth those tools with MFP will help anyone bounce back....(And maybe prevent it from slipping in the future)
  • balletgirl77
    balletgirl77 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is a speech by Eric Thomas; it always helps me when I'm in a rut and I hope it will help you too:

"If you think it’s going to be easy,

If you think you’re just going to get that business started without any trials or tribulations, forget about it! Don’t even try to be successful, it’s a wrap!

It’s not going to be easy!

But I want you to feel that pain going through your body and as pain leaves your body, guess what’s going to take its place? SUCCESS!

And so you gotta change your mindset. We gotta stop looking at pain as if it’s something negative. If it was easy, everybody would do it.

NO PAIN, NO GAIN!

But I guarantee you if you can outlast pain; if you can get through that pain; if you can get through that discomfort. If you can outlast that discomfort, I guarantee you, on the other side of it is success.

All roads to success have to go down the road of pain. I told you before, if it was easy, everybody would do it!

You keep talking about your mistakes, and you keep talking about the past, you keep talking about your trials, and you keep talking about your situation;

And I want you to know that everybody that’s ever been great—everybody… has had an obstacle to overcome; they had a barrier that they had to climb. There is no individual who’s ever reached success and they didn’t have to go through an obstacle or a barrier to get there.

Listen to me very closely;

Sometimes, it’s going to be hard. Sometimes you’re going to look all around you and nowhere do you see success; nowhere do you see anything that remotely looks like success. But you gotta embrace the faith. You gotta believe that although it’s not happening right now, if you keep pressing, if you keep pushing, guess what?

One day is going to be your day.

It only takes one extra pushup;
    It only takes one extra mile;
    It only takes one extra grade;
    It only takes one extra effort;

It only takes one extra something to get you were you’re trying to get to. And the goal is you gotta go a little further than the person who’s trying to get what you’re trying to get.

You can’t go around it;
    You can’t go under it;
    You can’t go over it;
    The only way you can get to it is THROUGH IT!

You gotta be able to see it and believe it that when there is no evidence around you, when you got pain in your life; when you’re tired and you feel like giving up and you feel like quitting; when you look around you don’t see anything that looks like success; you gotta embrace the faith and believe that one day is going to be my day!

Because one day can’t be your day if you give up. If you quit… If you quit, no day will ever be your day!

Every single day when you wake up you gotta give it all you got. You gotta give it 120%. Don’t fool yourself into thinking that this is year is going to be better than last year if you’re still making excuses.

THERE ARE NO EXCUSES!

You cannot cheat success!"
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I thought like that a few years ago and now I regret it because I gained it all back plus ten pounds.

So here is me kicking you in the bum. Stop making execuses and get back on that horse or you'll regret it later.