60 lbs down, 7 to go, photos

Options
SW 206
CW 147
GW 140
Height 5'6"
Age 53

There aren't too many photos of me at my heaviest. I pretty much stopped letting people take my pic at that point. The one with the mid length blond hair with Joe Satriani I weighed around 195. The one with me playing with my band was probably around 190. At my heaviest I was 206, high blood pressure, pre-diabetic, and, because I am a frickin' genius, I was carrying around all that extra weight on a leg that was pretty much completely reconstructed after a bad car accident. Top all of that off with waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much booze and you have a very, very, unhealthy person. In Dec. 2012 I stopped drinking and started walking. The fist time I made it around the block, just barely. But I stuck with it! I started strength training about 6 wks. ago and now I walk 3 to 5 miles a day, no matter what. I eat 1400 calories a day and was keeping track of that in a food journal waaaaay before I discovered MFP. I even wrote down what I was feeling, every time I wanted to put food in my mouth when I wasn't really, physically hungry. (That was proabably my most beneficial tool, a holdover from years ago when I quit smoking. I learned a LOT about myself.)
The witch photo was taken today in my back yard. I weigh 147.
You guys, I was over weight for more than 20 years and obese for more than 5. I never thought I could do this and guess what! I DID! And YOU CAN TOO!h35puqomsrw5.jpg
ok4anj9a6o38.jpg
cklwlakoci9a.jpg

Replies

• dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    you look great!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great job! How cool you met Joe Satriani too. My husband once opened for Smashing Pumpkins when he played way back in the day. <<Before they got big. LOL
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Joe came to the music store where I used to work. He patiently sat there signing autographs from 11P.M. until 1 A.M. long after his manager was bugging him to leave. He really IS a very nice man. He signed a couple of my guitars and then bought everybody that worked there pizza.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Progress!
    <3
  • jamilynn_8890
    jamilynn_8890 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look great!
  • wmcmurray61
    Options
    Thanks everybody!
  • scare006jack37
    scare006jack37 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress and inspirational story, with will power we can achieve everything we work smart at =)
  • IconStillFree
    IconStillFree Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you, thanks for the motivation. Keep being awesome!
  • Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Brilliant & thanks for the photo. I am the same height and weight after losing 40lbs. I need to take a long hard look at myself as I am convinced I look much bigger than you.
  • east2west14
    east2west14 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look much happier and A LOT younger!! BONUS! :)
  • wmcmurray61
    Options
    Beanogirl wrote: »
    Brilliant & thanks for the photo. I am the same height and weight after losing 40lbs. I need to take a long hard look at myself as I am convinced I look much bigger than you.
    First of all, I have to say, we ALL carry our weight differently and lose it differently, too. Also, I am wearing black in that pic. So it covers up my belly which, though shrinking, is probably going to be the last thing to go. Don't get discouraged. Cut yourself some slack! The important thing is that you have lost 40 lbs so YOU ARE HEALTHIER. I have just started strength training so I am hoping that helps me with looking as good with my clothes off as I do with them on. I REALLY think it has less to do with that number on the scale than it does with how you feel. Also, it's a journey, learning to love yourself and your "vehicle" just the way it is, no matter what "stage" you are in. Don't be too critical of yourself. Just hang in there and keep trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
  • wmcmurray61
    Options
    Congrats you look much happier and A LOT younger!! BONUS! :)
    Awwww! Thank you!