Replies

• pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    She's back!
  • penny0919
    penny0919 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Do you work at a grocery store???? I'm getting serious deja vu here.
  • penny0919
    penny0919 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    pander101 wrote: »
    She's back!

I think we are thinking the same thing.

Be prepared for a million and one excuses people...NOT WORTH IT

• ftsolk
    ftsolk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have found some things that work for me to help me out on work days. On Wednesdays, I have a very flexibile schedule. If I get off on time (lately, that's been 5pm), I often go shopping or go to a church group at 7. Wednesdays, I pack a lunch/dinner that I eat right after work. I usually include some kind of side that I will eat if I get a break. If I don't get a break, I will eat that side with my lunch. If I get one, I'll eat it on break. Today, I added a Fage Classic Lemon yogurt to my lunch, and since it was a slow day, I ate it on break.

Fridays, I don't always have that kind of flexibility. I work later, and I have a church event that's further away, so I usually just pack something like a banana and almond butter or a Larabar that doesn't require refrigeration. That way, if I don't get a chance to eat, it's not that big of a deal. I don't bother packing a full meal since I usually eat dinner at church.

So, depending on what I have going on, I may or may not pack a full meal. If I know I will have a few minutes to eat something right after work, then I have the flexibility to have a yogurt or other cold food. If I know I'm going to be rushing around, I'll pack something shelf-stable.

But there are sitll days when I don't get to eat anything until 7pm.