Started in January...putting in REAL effort now!

Options
I began my healthier-me journey in January. My mom is diabetic and had weight loss surgery in January and it scared me a bit. I want to get a handle on my situation before I would get to that point. Diabetes and heart problems run in our family and I don't ever want my daughter to worry about me the way I worry about my mom at times. I'm 29 (the big 30 is encouraging me to get in better shape, too). I have a four year old daughter and have been married for 8 years. The hubby and I are doing this together and I'm finding much better success than when I was doing it alone. I've lost 15 pounds since January 1st, but I'm down 2 sizes. This past week I shopped in the 'regular' section instead of the plus section for the first time in seven years.

Along with the calorie counting I just started since I got the myfitnesspal app on my ipod I aim for 4 to 5 workouts a week (at least 30 minutes long). My sister in law is a Beachbody coach and runs a fit club that I go to once a week although I'm planning on going twice a week starting next week. For workouts at home I do TurboJam, 30 Day Shred, and TurboFire. My hubby wants to fully committ to P90X but I'm not 100% sure about that yet!

Hoping to make some new friends to add, here. I think this looks like a really helpful community!

Replies

• skinnymom10
    Options
    Hi, I would love to be your friend on MFP. I started my weight loss journey last January of 2010. My Mom found out that she had diabetes in August of 2009, and it inspired me to get a handle on my health as well. I became a Beachbody coach in January and I love it. I wanted to tell you that I started doing P90X last Saturday and I love it!!! My favorite is Kempo X. I think that is so cool that your sister is a BB coach as well!!! Good Luck on you health journey.
  • MrsH06
    MrsH06 Posts: 159
    Options
    Hello! My mom is also a diabetic and I also have children and in my 20's :happy: . I think you will find the message boards very helpful. Add me if you'd like :flowerforyou:
  • piggysnoot
    Options
    My SIL lost 175 pounds (from a 3X shirt to a small). She's a great inspiration and very helpful. She's actually in the BB Million Dollar Body Contest...gets a trip to LA & stuff. I love the workouts we do and the stuff I've sampled (shakes and bars) are delicious! My mom's diabetes has been out of control for over 9 years and it got to the point her doctor told her she had to do something or she'd lose her sight, etc. I worried about her all the time. (Since surgery she's doing much better and is exercising and stuff so things are going good for her.) Thanks for the add!
  • piggysnoot
    Options
    Thanks!