healthy smoothie and breakfast ideas

Options
Hi I have ready break at the moment and special k for breakfast I was just wondering what other ideas have everyone got? It needs to be easy as I take it to wok with me. Also has anyone got any good smoothie recipes/websites?

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    1c orange juice
    1-2 scoops vanilla protein powder
    .5-1c vanilla ice cream
  • amberkhan75
    Options
    I drink an Isagenix shake every morning. It contains all the vitamins and minerals I need, clean protein, healthy fats, fiber. Lots of energy, low cal, keeps things moving, burns fat...
  • cvl2822
    Options
    I started using the nutriblast about a week ago and I love it! I put in a couple handfuls of spinach, a few baby carrots, an apple, half a banana and some berries. It's delicious and has lots of fiber and nutrients while not too many calories.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Lots of options;

Spinach
    Bananas
    Peanut-butter
    Ice cream
    Protein powder
    Almond or coconut milk
    Assorted fruits
    Assorted vegies

Mix n match
    Enjoy!
  • limegreenDE
    Options
    I use my VitaMix most mornings to make my breakfast smoothie:

About 1/4 cup water
    1 Tablespoon Ground Flax Seed
    1/3 Cup NonFat Plain Greek Yogurt
    1/2 Frozen Banana
    2/3 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries (no sugar added)
    1/3 Cup Frozen Kale

Sometimes instead of water, I use coconut water or orange juice. You can also add a bit of honey if you need a little sweetness.

• dukesangel
    dukesangel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I also have a vitamix for smoothies, one of its many uses.

Our favorite smoothies are these three:

Peppermint Smoothie

2 handfuls of spinach, 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt, 2 scoops vanilla protein powder, 2 scoops ground flax seeds, 1/2 teas peppermint extract, 1 teas vanilla extract, 1 cup or so of water, then enough ice to make it smoothie like. It's delicious. Serves 2.

Coffee Oreo Smoothie

(comes out to 325 calories.. don't freak out too much)

2 cups coffee, 1 cup milk or plain yogurt, 2 scoops protein powder vanilla, 2 scoops ground flax seeds, sweetener of choice.. I use agave because I like the taste (enter sweetener police!) , 1 teas vanilla extract, 3 oreos, enough ice to smoothie like. Makes 2 big servings.

Fruit Smoothie

Bunch of fruit, spinach, yogurt, protein powder, flax, and sweetener if needed. Usually add almond extract. Then ice.

• xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I recently got on the overnight oats train and I'm liking them. Especially since I don't have to do anything but grab them in the morning and leave since you make it the night before. There are a ton of different recipes, so I'd recommend just doing a quick search on Google or YouTube, but this is my favorite so far:

1 serving (2 scoops for me) protein powder (for protein (duh) and sweetness)
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup almond milk (or whatever kind of liquid you want, and however much gets the consistency you want, I like mine thick)
    1 cup frozen fruit (I like Dole's ready-cut mixes since they're smaller pieces)
    ~320 calories, but is easily adjustable and keeps you from getting hungry for quite a while. I had mine at 7am and it's almost noon and I'm still not hungry.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I generally just have a siggi's skyr yogurt or greek yogurt in the morning. Then I'll snack on things like fruits, veggies (eg carrot sticks), nuts, etc., to keep me full until lunch.

And oh yeah, Coffee is great!
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I alternate. I either have one cup of fat free milk with a carnation good start packet or I have a Special K breakfast flat bread.

Option 1 - 220 calories
    Option 2 - 180 calories

Good luck to you!
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I just started skipping breakfast and so far, no side affects. Granted, I know that is not for everyone and didn't think it would work for me, but have tried and I think I am going to stick with it.
  • sapohj
    sapohj Posts: 2
    Options
    2 things I've just started for my breakfast routine and enjoy.

Chia pudding
    3 Tbsp chia seeds
    3/4 Cup Chocolate or Vanilla Almondmilk

Overnight Oatmeal Parfait

Night before
    1/4 C rolled oats
    1/4 C Vanilla Almondmilk (or liquid of choice)
    1 Tbps Chia Seeds or Flax
    Dash of cinnamon
    In the morning I add.
    3 spoons fulls (1/3 C) of greek yogurt
    1/2 cup of mixed fruit
    top with granola

**As soon as I get to the grocery store, I'm going try a combination with Chocolate Almondmilk and add peanut butter in the morning.

In the past, I've made fruit smoothies (prep everything in my magic bullet at night than in the morning blend it quick) and grab a granola bar.

I haven't tried this, but thought it was a good idea. Making little egg quiche in muffin tins with whatever add-in you'd like for the week. Just grab one and go in the morning.