Sex count as a work out?

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i use this rule of thumb - if it didn't keep me from getting fat, it wont get me fit either.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    actually mines last longer than my daily workout.........so ya know.

oi most people im sure! definitely longer than a 5K.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    So, basically, you just want people to know you're having a lot of sex.

• pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Thing on the BBC news website today about this actually lol! it only takes you up to 2 mets, and it needs to be 3 or over to count as exercise or something like that! hoovering gets you over 3 .... but not as much fun :D

Have a look its a link from the does chore count as exercise article on the BBC x
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    mikeyrp wrote: »
    Sure but how many calories can you burn in 30 seconds?

Right?

Haha, good thing my husband isn't on MFP. Sorry, honey
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    If you are doing it right, it sure as hell is.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    BBC...giggity
  • pinkiezoom
    Options
    Vigorous activity means anything that rates over six METs, and to achieve that you would need to be either "chopping wood and splitting logs" (6.3), "digging, spading, composting" (7.8), or "shovelling snow, by hand" (6.0).

According to the same source, the only domestic activity that falls into the vigorous range is "scrubbing floors and bathtub" (6.5), though "moving heavy furniture" (5.8) comes close.

If you prefer to fill your activity quotient by doing something more enjoyable than cleaning the loo, then dancing - "disco, folk, Irish, line dancing or country" - clocks up an impressive 7.8 METs. Unfortunately sexual activity ("vigorous effort") doesn't count as it comes in at a disappointing 2.8.

Whatever you decide to do, it is better to sprinkle your activity across the week rather than trying to get it all over and done with in one go. "We know that some of the health benefits of exercise are quite transient and may only last 12-24 hours," says Andy. "So it would be better to be doing a bit of activity every day rather than condensing it all into a couple of days."

Here is the link .... if it works ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29795577
  • Mapanggulo
    Mapanggulo Posts: 185 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    http://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/sex-workout

"Men burn 100 calories in the average sex session, while women expend 69. (Yes, 69.)"

• pinkiezoom
    Options
    Mapanggulo wrote: »

"Men burn 100 calories in the average sex session, while women expend 69. (Yes, 69.)"

FANTASTIC

• mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    So, in summary what we are saying is we need to come up with a sexual work out which allows us to burn, say, 500 Calories without actually detracting from the fun.

Lets rule out anything silly like, say, a sex toy powered by a static bicycle, or kiss chase as a form of foreplay and see if we can come up with any serious suggestions.

Personally, I think it would be easier to incorporate a bit of body building and toning but increasing the amount of CV could be tricky....
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    That seems to be the only other physical workout I get beside being in my garden and chasing my lil ones. IDK what do you think agree or disagree and why?
    <3 60 minutes = about 450 calories <3
    a4samllhf7tj.jpg

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    If you're having sex for exercise, I'm pretty sure you're doing it wrong.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Mapanggulo wrote: »

Hmm.
  • alazio
    alazio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    nope
  • WMDemetree
    WMDemetree Posts: 3,923 Member
    Options
    Let's assume it does count. How are you going to record it on MFP without giving much details, assuming you don't want the world or even your friends to know that you just had intercourse.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    WMDemetree wrote: »
    Let's assume it does count. How are you going to record it on MFP without giving much details, assuming you don't want the world or even your friends to know that you just had intercourse.

But, I mean, clearly she does want the world to know. She did start a thread about it, after all.
  • Drea_h85
    Drea_h85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your input. And yes it was a serious question. :blush:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    pinkiezoom wrote: »
    Thing on the BBC news website today about this actually lol! it only takes you up to 2 mets, and it needs to be 3 or over to count as exercise or something like that! hoovering gets you over 3 .... but not as much fun :D

Have a look its a link from the does chore count as exercise article on the BBC x
    Dunno, had a date where there was a lot of hoovering, was a lot of fun for me.
  • WMDemetree
    WMDemetree Posts: 3,923 Member
    Options
    Paige682 wrote: »
    WMDemetree wrote: »

But, I mean, clearly she does want the world to know. She did start a thread about it, after all.

Good point, Paige, but I was talking about me... hehehehe