Sex count as a work out?

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    If you're having sex for exercise, I'm pretty sure you're doing it wrong.

QFT
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Mapanggulo wrote: »
    http://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/sex-workout

"Men burn 100 calories in the average sex session, while women expend 69. (Yes, 69.)"

That was interesting.

I don't understand why anyone would be "seriously?". It's a legit question, especially if you consider that cooking is considered "exercise". I exert a lot more during sexy time than I do during dinner time.

I don't log it, but if someone wants to - more power to them.
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    dinosnopro wrote: »
    BBC...giggity

lmao cheeky ;)

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    No, it's not a legit question.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    If you're having sex for exercise, I'm pretty sure you're doing it wrong.
    haha - TRUTH!

• Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Only if you have sex with a physical trainer. Or you can wear a Fitbit on your hand and see how many miles you maturbate for.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I can only imagine once you're done, instead of cuddling or whatever, you reach for your phone tablet whatever... and be all "Hold on, I have to record how many calories I just burned." Smh... how romantic. :broken_heart:
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    No, it's not a legit question.

And why isn't it? If someone doesn't know or understand how this calorie counting/burning stuff works and are trying to learn more - every question is legit. If you see things like "cleaning", "riding lawnmower" and "cooking", in the database, and people actually logging them, it makes sense to question other frequent activities you participate in. These questions likely wouldn't pop up if the MFP database wasn't so ridiculous to begin with.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Because it isn't. It's silly as all get out. Next thing we know someone is going to ask if dropping a really hard deuce is legit for calorie burn.

People log that silly bunk because they want to generate an artificial positive feedback loop in the short term in order to stimulate feel goods over having done "something".

Next thing we know we'll have a thread about how much burn is involved in making thanksgiving dinner for 5.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Granted, my question was never answered.

Was there piledriving? I can tell you, that's a lot of heavy work for the driver, zero for the drivee.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting laid
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    People log that silly bunk because they want to generate an artificial positive feedback loop in the short term in order to stimulate feel goods over having done "something".

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »

Yep yep yep. And humblebrag.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    Because it isn't. It's silly as all get out. Next thing we know someone is going to ask if dropping a really hard deuce is legit for calorie burn.

Next thing we know we'll have a thread about how much burn is involved in making thanksgiving dinner for 5.

No need to ask, MFP already gives you that information. Which is my whole point.

When I started on MFP I had little to no knowledge about weight loss, fitness or nutrition, so I saw those entries and was like "dude! I get credit for this stuff? Awesome!" and then I realized that logging those things would likely do me more harm than good in the long run. It was never about "positive feedback" - it was because I thought it was there and that I was *supposed* to log it.

I can't blame other people for not coming to the same conclusion. What is now common sense to me, isn't necessarily common sense to someone just starting. I'd rather try to help than to teach them that asking a question on the forums is a mistake.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    Yeah, it can't ever be someone needing help - it has to be some other questionable motivation.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

"Men burn 100 calories in the average sex session, while women expend 69. (Yes, 69.)"
    And how many calories would the woman have burned, say, walking around the house, in that same time. :smiley:
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

in 3 minutes?
    i'm in for 60!
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    Options
    shaindi wrote: »

in 3 minutes?
    i'm in for 60!

I will help you to burn more if you fancy?!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

in 3 minutes?
    i'm in for 60!

Hmmmm.....Let's go for 3,000!

• solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    Options
    HIIT

in 3 minutes?
    i'm in for 60!

Hmmmm.....Let's go for 3,000!
    HIIF instead of HIIT!