I had a "puke scare" at Crossfit today

Options
kdiamond
kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
I have been doing Crossfit for over 6 months now and have NEVER had a near puking incident...but today's workout was a KILLER.

Thought I would share for those Crossfit junkies...

The name of the workout was "Fight Gone Bad"
3 ROUNDS - 5 MINUTES PER ROUND - 1 MINUTE REST - MAXIMUM REPS

Stations:

Wall ball (14lbs)
Sumo deadlift high pull (55lbs)
Box Jumps (18" box)
Push Press (45lbs)
Rowing for calories

I completed 191 reps, which was like the WORST in my class, but man, am I feeling it now.

Replies

• jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    Have you been over-doing it with your workouts this week? You might have pushed it a bit too hard too many times this week without adequate recovery between sessions.
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    next time don't make it a scare and actually go till you puke.

You will earn much respect.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I had a scare a few weeks ago with this routine: (copied and pasted so the numbers are from my records)

20 Min Stairs level 4 (calorie burn program)

20 Tredmill - Incline 7.5 at 3.5 MPH 2-3 mins then walk backwards and increase until incline 15 ulternating walking forward and backwards. SO every 2-3 mins of walking switch to backwards then go back to walking and increase incline and keep repeating. The last minute I ran 6.0 MPH at 15.0 incline.
    5 min cool down on Tredmill.

Circuit
    40 Rounds, 15 seconds exercise, 15 seconds rest

1. Skater Lunge Jumps - 10, 10, 9, 10
    2. Reptile Push ups - 5 1/2, 5, 3, 2
    3. Jump Squats - 12, 9, 9, 10
    4. Pulls ups (lying down on floor under poll so rev push up I guess) - 7, 6, 6, 7
    5. Jumping Jacks - 14, 16, 16, 12
    6. Dancing Crab - 13, 11, 8, 11
    7. Handing lrg raise (from pull up bar) - 7, 5, 5, 7
    8. Dive Bombers - 4, 5, 3, 4
    9. Plank knee tucks - 15, 15, 15, 18
    10. Gets ups - 5, Stopped b/c I didnt like the way my knees felt the second time around so I jogged in place

I couldnt even do abs after this!!! I was DONE!!
  • sheiple
    sheiple Posts: 2
    Options
    How do you track calories with crossfit?
  • Awineburg
    Awineburg Posts: 196
    Options
    I get nauseous after kickboxing... and on my way home I almost want to pull over and puke. I found out its because I wasn't drinking enough water before, after and during my exercising. Is that true in your case? Maybe you just over did it?
    :) At least you didn't puke ewwww
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I get nauseous after kickboxing... and on my way home I almost want to pull over and puke. I found out its because I wasn't drinking enough water before, after and during my exercising. Is that true in your case? Maybe you just over did it?
    :) At least you didn't puke ewwww

No not in my case. I just kept pushing past my max and I didnt know I was pregnant :( But I am not anymore :brokenheart:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Crossfit for over 6 months now and have NEVER had a near puking incident...but today's workout was a KILLER.

Thought I would share for those Crossfit junkies...

The name of the workout was "Fight Gone Bad"
    3 ROUNDS - 5 MINUTES PER ROUND - 1 MINUTE REST - MAXIMUM REPS

Stations:

Wall ball (14lbs)
    Sumo deadlift high pull (55lbs)
    Box Jumps (18" box)
    Push Press (45lbs)
    Rowing for calories

I completed 191 reps, which was like the WORST in my class, but man, am I feeling it now.

BTW - 190 reps is totally respectable! FGB is dirtaaaaayyyy! I haven't puked yet, but have come close to passing out. I wouldn't want to puke cos I'd have to eat all those blocks back!:laugh: