I'm done eating by 4:00 p.m.

Options
I would never think that eating my dinner by 4:00 p.m. would have helped but it has been a huge difference in my eating habits. I eat my morning breakfast at 7 a.m., snacks at 9 and 2, lunch at 11, and dinner at four. I eat every two hours. I have found that I used to be extremely hungry by the time I arrived home at 6 and finally sit down to dinner by 7. Even if I cook, I am still satisfied from 4:00 p.m. or I will make a salad to join in.

I don't know if it will work for others but I have lost the weight doing this for the past few weeks.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Well you lost weight due to a calorie deficit, not due to meal timing or the number of meals...but good to hear you aren't hungry.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make any difference "when" you eat. What matters is caloric deficit.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Lots of people use the various forms of intermittent fasting to help with hunger and adherence. The weight loss is still dependent on a calorie deficit.
  • rosiemtz75
    Options
    Of course I lose weight because of of calorie deficit. That is not the point. I used MFP before but I use to struggle with waiting until the evening to eat and that is when I use to make bad decisions based on hunger. I have been at this rodeo before and I find this works for me. I was sharing an experience.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    rosiemtz75 wrote: »
    I would never think that eating my dinner by 4:00 p.m. would have helped but it has been a huge difference in my eating habits. I eat my morning breakfast at 7 a.m., snacks at 9 and 2, lunch at 11, and dinner at four. I eat every two hours. I have found that I used to be extremely hungry by the time I arrived home at 6 and finally sit down to dinner by 7. Even if I cook, I am still satisfied from 4:00 p.m. or I will make a salad to join in.

I don't know if it will work for others but I have lost the weight doing this for the past few weeks.

Yes, i think that eating more frequent but smaller meals can keep you from getting ravenous and going over your calories! I try to do this too. If I wait too long before meals I get very hungry and eat way over my limit.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Gotta do what works for you. My motto is if it works for you, use it.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    rosiemtz75 wrote: »

Well I'm glad that has worked for your schedule, but again its calories in/calories out. I don't finish eating till 10pm and I've still taken off almost 40. I work two jobs(teaching/tutoring) plus my workouts so finishing eating by 4pm? Ya...that ain't happening.