Honeymoon Trip - Scared to take off my shirt?

Replies

• karenkasbi
    karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
    my boyfriend weighs about as much as you do and I'm not grossed out. I wish he took care of himself but still :smile: you're going on a honeymoon! enjoy as much as you can!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    I honestly don't notice people's weights that much anymore. I'm usually more self conscious about my own. I'd say, do it and be proud! You are getting MARRIED and in Mexico. That's a double win!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,751 Member
    I've gone to the beach in a bathing suit (one piece) with no covering clothing as a 375lb woman and various other REALLY FAT weights. The trick is to just not give a flying *kitten* what anyone else thinks, except your soon to be wife, who obviously loves you the way you are. Get over it and wear sunscreen!
  • StubT
    StubT Posts: 2
    What I realized this past summer is that everyone else at the beach or at the pool is worrying about their OWN body issues far to much to worry about mine. I got over it after that and just went. Enjoy your honeymoon and congrats on the big day!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Dude, you just posted a pic of your shirtless self for the entire internet to see...And...everyone just told you (in not so many words) that you rock! For real, go on about your way. You'll be in beautiful MEXICO. Enjoy that.

Honestly, I think you look just fine. Are you heavy? Well, duh, yes. But so are more than half of us. So, take off your shirt, put on your sunscreen and enjoy your honeymoon!
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    As long as you stay away from the banana hammocks ,you're good. Those gross me out - overweight people do not.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    As long as you stay away from the banana hammocks ,you're good. Those gross me out - overweight people do not.

Oh wait... you asked if SKINNY people are grossed out by fat people. In that case, I doubt it, but I'll let you know for sure when I get skinny again. Lol
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    No. I go to Coney Island. I'm used to it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    No no one will even notice you.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    go on a quick fast, you can lose a lot, who cares, its all about you, show your stuff and go have fun!

41be6a2789b0b4271aa263df740aebd671bc5a98edd26b4e4cf7e6401800acf4.jpg

When I was skinnier I was more concerned about how fat I looked, not how other people looked. Amazingly now that I'm fat, I'm still concerned about how fat I look and not so much about how other people look.
  • Thanks for all the great feedback. Gonna try to just not are and be comfy in my own skin.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    thcguy123 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the great feedback. Gonna try to just not are and be comfy in my own skin.

:) I am happy to hear that. Have a blast
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    I was right there with you. Very self conscious and rarely would go to the neighborhood pool as my pool was filled with some very attractive and fit ladies. At least in Mexico nobody will know you so who really gives a %($(. You'll never see them again.

I lost nearly 60 lbs and was just in Vegas and it felt so good to take my shirt off. I was one of the trimmer guys there.
  • sgtchester
    sgtchester Posts: 20 Member
    thcguy123 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the great feedback. Gonna try to just not are and be comfy in my own skin.

This is a good decision. I went to Mexico, wasn't in the best shape of my life, and had a great time. I'm sure nobody thought twice about seeing me. Good sunblock is a must.

Congratulations on your recent nuptials.

• Thanks. Now let's hope the tiny bit of training I have done will help me climb ruins, tread water in the ocean, walk through jungles, etc. One thing I can't do it zip line - too heavy - boo.
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    edited October 2014
    You're there for your honey moon. You will never see the other people again, so why care what they think of you? Enjoy your time with your wife because it's the only "honeymoon" you get with her. I've been over weight and fit and I've always been comfortable at all weights. Love yourself for who you are! There will always be *kitten* where ever you go regaurdless if you were fit or fat.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Congratulations on your marriage!

The purpose of your body is not for others to look at, so it doesn't matter one bit what others think. You'll enjoy your vacation a lot more if you can remember that.

• ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Enjoy your honeymoon. If you are really concerned about your appearance, then stay inside and play bridge. Or something.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Wear a white T-shirt that fits you. That way if you get ripped out to sea or drown they can find you better. At least that was my wife's logic. She could pick me out from the other swimmers. :)
  • dzaro
    dzaro Posts: 2 Member
    I know this thread is almost a year old, however i felt the need to chime in. I have been in the same boat my entire life. I am overweight and have moobs etc. Of course I hide it very very well when I am in regular clothing. Most people are surprised that I weigh 290 at 6'2 they peg me around 240ish. I have struggled with going to beaches and swimming in pools ever since high school when i weighed 220. (god i wish i weighed that now).

Regardless, I know all to well about the insecurities and fear. Even today I was going to go to the beach, but I am petrified! But I am going to go anyway and face my anxiety. Why? Because I have come to realize you don't look back at life and think about someone who smiled at you and you thought they were laughing at you. You think back to the moments and what made you happy.

In Hawaii I visited Pipeline Beach with my wife on our honeymoon. I weighed the same today as I did 3 years ago and so I know my anxiety was the same. I also remember there were a ton of people on the beach that looked amazing both guys and girls. There were surfers who were in tip top shape. But for the life of me I cannot remember their face, nor can I remember if any looked at me. But I do remember the waves pounding on me, the sunsetting on the ocean and the laughs and jokes I shared with my wife.

And all those times growing up in my 20s and 30s I do remember how scared i was to take my shirt off and missing out on going to the beach with friends or even swim in their pools. Today they look back on their memories on funny moments I missed out on because I allowed fear to keep me from doing some pretty fun and awesome stuff.

The point is this. Giving into your fear and anxiety today will make you feel good for today, but it takes its tolls when you look back on your life. Facing your fears today and coming out on top once the clock strikes 12 will make you feel uneasy today, but will give you amazing memories later in life.

Don't let today's anxiety rob you of tomorrows memories.... you will never be able to go back and hit the "Do Over" button.

Face the fear my friend and all who read this..... no matter how bad the outcome can be.... it will never be worse then living with regrets.