NEW 6 WEEK CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• tbrew811
    tbrew811 Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi, are you suggesting we have mini challenges (i.e. weekly/bi-weekly goals)?
  • tbrew811
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great day :)...I was just wondering what will be our first Challenge?

Deb

Hi Deb,

Are you suggesting we have mini challenges (i.e. weekly/bi-weekly goals)?
  • Pearcecat
    Pearcecat Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Just wondering how you are all doing on the first week?. I'm trying to drink a lot more water and exercise every day...which is easy now as the weather over here is so nice (very unusual!). Hope you're all getting on great!
  • Sexymama34
    Sexymama34 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi..I think weekly challenges would be a great idea:)...what do u think?
  • Pearcecat
    Options
    Hey Debra!

I think weekly challenges would be really cool!. Has anyone got any suggestions???
  • tbrew811
    Options
    I'm open to weekly challenges, I'm not sure what they would be. But anything to get the weight off.

Suggestions
    *highest calories burned in a week
    *consistent water intake of 8 glasses per day (I average 5 - 6)
    *No junk food
    *No alcohol
    *workout 6 times in a week
    *can you walk/run 10 miles in a week

What do you guys think?
  • Sexymama34
    Sexymama34 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm open to weekly challenges, I'm not sure what they would be. But anything to get the weight off.

Suggestions
    *highest calories burned in a week
    *consistent water intake of 8 glasses per day (I average 5 - 6)
    *No junk food
    *No alcohol
    *workout 6 times in a week
    *can you walk/run 10 miles in a week

What do you guys think?

Ya it does sound good!..everyweek we can change it or add a new challenge. I am just thinking of other ones too
  • Pearcecat
    Options
    Nice one Tbrew..Love those suggestions!. Will we pick one for this Monday and do one a week?. I like a good challenge!
  • tbrew811
    Options
    Nice one Tbrew..Love those suggestions!. Will we pick one for this Monday and do one a week?. I like a good challenge!

Yes, let's pick one for this coming week. I vote for can you walk 10 miles this week.
  • Pearcecat
    Options
    I think that sounds great!. My little boy is back in playschool after his mid-term on Tuesday so I can walk the miles each morning. Good luck everyone!
  • SgtHill
    SgtHill Posts: 3
    Options
    Pizza and beer during the draft... Well it looks like I am going to have to work harder this upcoming week. I have stayed steady at 215 but I really want to be at 210 in 9 days, Monday week... I hope everyone is doing well and I vote for 10 miles in a week. :happy:
  • clvdandj
    clvdandj Posts: 76
    Options
    I'm with you!!
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    OK...I'm gonna try to go 10 miles on my elliptical!! Good luck everyone!!
  • tbrew811
    Options
    I am really dreading weigh in tomorrow morning!! Needless to say I had a fun weekend at the fair yesterday (ate back all of my exercise calories). I must say, it could have been worst - like eating funnel cake. Oh well, I get another chance this coming week.
    I too need to work extra hard this coming week.

Let's go, 10 Mile Challenge!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Pearcecat
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Well I weighed in on Saturday as I knew I was working early yesterday & this morning (my weighing scales makes a loud BEEEP!!! and would wake up the whole house!). The good news is that I've lost a pound, bringing me down to 165 lbs. I've measured my waist and it's gone down to 35 inches and my hips are down to 40. I'm looking forward to starting the walking challenge tommorrow. Good luck to you all with your weigh-ins today!!!
  • majpal
    majpal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I weighed 258 this morning, down 2 pounds from last week. I am looking forward to the 10 mile challenge this week. Good luck everyone!
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I was 156 on 4/25
    I am 155 on 5/2

Didn't know how to find the thread last week!
    Happy Monday to all : )
  • tbrew811
    Options
    Glad to hear of you guys progress, keep up the good work.

Well, this morning I am the same weight as last week. The good news is I didn't gain any weight. I was prepared for this because I changed my plan. The whole thing is by trial and error - you live and learn right.

This week I am back to my original plan (the one that got be down by 6 pounds).

Now let's get going on this 10 mile walking challenge!!!

Please let the group know if you have any other weekly challenge ideas:wink:
  • jsw27520
    jsw27520 Posts: 16
    Options
    Okay, I had a BAAAAAAD week!!! I ate poorly, didn't exercise and the scale shows it. My weight this morning was 181. Up 1.8lbs. I'm in on the 10 mile challenge. I'm in on anything!!!!
  • Ljc3
    Ljc3 Posts: 46
    Options
    Good monday to you all! Weighing in today 196. Kinda suprised! I come to mfp for motivation- then spend literally hours sittibg on my but browsing success stories lol. Anyone else have that problem? Gotta get back and move today! Good luck everyone!:happy: