Help needed

Options
Hi
Does anyone have any advise that they can give me on cooking/meals for one. I find it easier to have cereal for every meal rather than cook as it always seems to be a waste for one.I do not eat meat or fish and find that my diet is mostly cheese. I always start my day off well but by afternoon it has gone down hill and I am looking for anything in the cupboards to eat. My days off are always worse.
Any help or advise would be great. :smiley:

Replies

• Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Make soups, can portion and freeze, omelettes, stir fry, fajitas
  • bluebmwrider
    Options
    Hi
    Read a really useful article once when I was single and thinking about losing weight. It said to have a cooking Day and do a weeks meals at a time; prepare, cook, portion (into daily serves), freeze, then reheat as required. Monday night worked best for me, good music on, glass of wine and peel, cook, plate, freeze next morning. It did take a little while to get used to but worked really well when I did, made shopping easier as well.
  • goldenweasel
    goldenweasel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    firstly you're so worth the effort of cooking for one! i was cooking for one for 18 months and it's not so bad. i used to make sure i had nice plates and cutlery (just for me!) and i made the effort every night to make a healthy dinner. my goal was to lose weight FOR MYSELF and so if i didn't make the effort there was no-one to blame but myself, so that motivated me to cook every night :) i dont eat meat either, but i stir fry up mushrooms, loads of vegies, i make up recipes with beans, chickpeas and portion them up like marie said and freeze them so it's easy to make a good healthy choice if you're tired and can't be bothered. frittatas with vegies and eggs and cheese are yummy too and very quick. make yourself a priority and do it for YOU! good luck :)