Healthy Diet - Negative Effect

Options
Hello everyone!
I have this problem loosing weight (like so many others, I know). It all started a few weeks ago when I decided to get healthier, more fit and happy about my body. So what I did was I boycotted all white bread, candy, chocolate and so on, and instead I'm only eating fruits, vegetables, yogurt, rye bread and meat. AND I workout 3-4 days a week; 30 mins of cardio. But in spite of all my efforts, my stomach has "swollen" and I have gained weight. As I said, it has been several weeks and my stomach is still swollen and big. My arms, legs and the rest doesn't feel very fit either. It is so frustrating when I've put so much effort into this! Does anyone have any advice in this situation? Thank you all in advance!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Start logging what you eat

Don't cut out any food groups

Eat at a calorie defecit for your weight and height

Add in your exercise and eat 50-75% of the calories the machines or MFp gives you for it

Drink lots of water and

Weigh yourself in a month
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sounds like you're bloated from all the extra fibre all of a sudden.
  • bigbeff
    bigbeff Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Keep going, your body might just be adjusting to your change in diet. Drink plenty of water and make sure you log everything (no secret snacks!)

I need to take some of my own advice...I am not finding it easy either :(
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why are you cutting out foods? Caloric deficit is all that's necessary for the weight loss part.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Definitely because of the sudden increase in fiber. Keep drinking plenty of water. And there is no need to cut out foods because it is not sustainable in the long run. Eat whatever you want as long as you can fit it into your daily calories while hitting your macro/micro targets.
  • bethleahnutrition
    Options
    After eating processed foods for a long time, it may take a while for the body to recalibrate. You also may be eating foods that you are intolerant to like corn, eggs, soy, gluten, dairy, yeast.

I would keep a food journal and analyze if you see a link between certain foods and how you feel. And yes, water is always great. It is recommended people drink half their body ounces in water.

• ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Fruits and vegetables can add a lot of bulk to your body, thus causing a lot of weight "gain". Plus, they ferment (especially fruits) for a long time if you eat them with your main meal. Drink plenty of water, and keep going! I'm pretty sure that once you have regular bowel movements, you'll be good!