Last 5 pounds

Options
Hi- I'm 5'6ft and 130 pounds. I've been stuck at 130 for a year now. I workout 5times a week- usually running 4 to 5 miles- and one day being a long run 7-8 miles.
I tried eating below 1200 and never lost a pound. I've now worked myself back up to 1200-1300 calories. Luckily haven't gained ( feel more bloated though!) but I'm still not losing weight.

I don't get if. I run, eat fruits, salads, Greek yogurt and other healthy options. And nothing has changed. I just feel bloated and annoyed that I feel like I eat right and exercise but can't lose 5 pounds

Replies

• allieallieoxenfree
    allieallieoxenfree Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am almost the exact same height/weight (well, I weigh 2 pounds more), and I track my macros. I have a much easier time losing when I manage my carbs. I eat about 1600 cals/day, but no more than 135-140 grams of carbs.

Also, do you do any weight training? More muscles = your body burning more calories just to exist (or so they say, lol).
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you've lost 1.9 lbs? That's something. How long have you been tracking? Do you own a food scale? Do you take cheat days? At your stats, you're already at a good weight. So you want the weight loss to be slow
  • ascalis1
    ascalis1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been fluctuating between 128-130 pounds. Usually from eating sweets or drinking, which I try to do in moderation.

Ive been tracking for 5 years. I lost 20 pounds the first time- got down to 115 just by exercising and eating 1300-1500 calories. Then I went through a bad time and gained it all back. Now I feel like no matter if I eat less than 1200 or over 1400 nothing happens. This is with running 30 miles a week.

Thanks for the ideas to track carbs and doing more strength. Do u still do cardio on strength workout days?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you've lost 1.9 lbs? That's something. How long have you been tracking? Do you own a food scale? Do you take cheat days? At your stats, you're already at a good weight. So you want the weight loss to be slow

^This
  • PinkyQT
    PinkyQT Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft7.5 and 125, I'm trying to get to 118-120. I don't exercise much but I have lost 15lbs by eating raw fruits and vegetables. Also, I find that the more I eat the more I lose weight so I eat 2000-2500 calories. The foods I eat are high in fiber... so they come out the other end lol, which means no weight gain for me! This won't work for everyone though.

My meals go like this:
    Breakfast:
    Shredded wheat, 1 banana, chia seeds and goats milk.
    Smoothie.
    1 litre of water.
    Snack:
    -Raisins and pistachios.
    Lunch:
    1 litre of water
    -Carrots, 1 Pita bread, hummus.
    -Blueberries.
    Snack:
    - 2 banana smoothie
    -Orange/apple/kiwi fruit if still hungry till dinner
    Dinner: Anything healthy with vegetables and not a lot of fat.

I've never felt better in my life from eating this way. I'm still losing weight as well. No offence but your're not eating enough for your height.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    PinkyQT wrote: »
    I'm 5ft7.5 and 125, I'm trying to get to 118-120. I don't exercise much but I have lost 15lbs by eating raw fruits and vegetables. Also, I find that the more I eat the more I lose weight so I eat 2000-2500 calories. The foods I eat are high in fiber... so they come out the other end lol, which means no weight gain for me! This won't work for everyone though.

My meals go like this:
    Breakfast:
    Shredded wheat, 1 banana, chia seeds and goats milk.
    Smoothie.
    1 litre of water.
    Snack:
    -Raisins and pistachios.
    Lunch:
    1 litre of water
    -Carrots, 1 Pita bread, hummus.
    -Blueberries.
    Snack:
    - 2 banana smoothie
    -Orange/apple/kiwi fruit if still hungry till dinner
    Dinner: Anything healthy with vegetables and not a lot of fat.

I've never felt better in my life from eating this way. I'm still losing weight as well. No offence but your're not eating enough for your height.

How many grams of protein are you getting? It sure doesn't seem like much. Im a big fan of whole foods, which you have plenty of. But you need protein!