Eating out tonight, my options?

Options
Hi I am going out to celebrate tonight so these are my options can someone see what would be my best option?

Steak-490 cals
Gammon-893 cals
Chicken fajita wrap-496 cals

And for sides it is either

Seasoned fries-436 cals
Baby potatoes - 263 cals
Jacket potato - 246 cals
Mash potato - 281 cals
Basmati rice-220 cals
Sweet potato fries- 448 cals

How could sweet potato fries be more calories than normal fries lol thought they were better oh well I think I'll go for steak or the wraps but its the side I'm stuck on! Thanks :)

Replies

• Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Steamed veggies or green beans aren't an option?? I'd be asking...
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what Gammon is, or what's in a Jacket potato or Basmati rice. But looks like the steak and rice are the lowest calorie option.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    What about a nice big burger?
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If you are celebrating though, why not just throw the diet out the window for the night?!

...but, as long as it fits in your calories it doesn't matter what you choose to eat. Pick whatever your heart desires.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you're going out to "celebrate," this isn't a regular occurrence.

Who cares how much you eat? Enjoy yourself.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why those are your only options? The only thing on your list I would want is the steak.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Steak and either fries or sweet potato fries! not because of the calories, just because they're the tastiest out of your choices - to me anyway!
  • dlj1405
    dlj1405 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    There would be no harm in celebrating :) apart from the fact I have a party tomorrow night and will be having a few drinks then so that's my treat I am afraid!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    One meal won't upset your weight loss. Eat what you feel like eating. Enjoy your celebration, eat whatever you want.
  • dlj1405
    Options
    I have no idea what Gammon is, or what's in a Jacket potato or Basmati rice. But looks like the steak and rice are the lowest calorie option.
    Steak and either fries or sweet potato fries! not because of the calories, just because they're the tastiest out of your choices - to me anyway!

So it really doesn't matter as long as they're in my calories?:)
  • dlj1405
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    What about a nice big burger?

I wish!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dlj1405 wrote: »

So it really doesn't matter as long as they're in my calories?:)

well that depends if you follow IIFYM or not?
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you fancy that fits in your calorie plan! Sounds tasty!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'd have steak, jacket, ask for it plain and some butter on the side so you can add a little. and salad for about 800-1000 - they could be off by 20% - kitchens don't weigh

Then you have drinks

And don't eat bread / breadsticks unless you count it

And what about pudding

How many cals do you have for the meal ...I'd have been saving all weekend exercising more today
  • Ryandecheney314
    Ryandecheney314 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    IMO Fajita wrap and sweet potato fries all the way!!! But if your worried about balance or macros I would go with steak for the fats and proteins, basmati rice, and find out if they have some sort of steamed vegetable.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I'd have steak, jacket, ask for it plain and some butter on the side so you can add a little. and salad for about 800-1000 - they could be off by 20% - kitchens don't weigh

Then you have drinks

And what about pudding

How many cals do you have for the meal ...I'd have been saving all weekend exercising more today

pudding? Who eats pudding? I'm confused about these food choices. Is this a specific restaurant I'm not familiar with?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Pudding = UK catch-all for dessert :smile:

And I do when I'm celebrating
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options

Then you have drinks

And what about pudding

pudding? Who eats pudding? I'm confused about these food choices. Is this a specific restaurant I'm not familiar with?

Perhaps she's going to a catered affair, where she gets to choose one from column A, another from column B, etc.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    aahhh...thanks for the explanation. :)
  • dlj1405
    Options

Then you have drinks

And what about pudding

This was a last minute plan :( I have about 900 calories! Don't think I will be having pudding but the great thing about this restaurant is the free all you can eat salad cart, all of these meals fit into my calories but I think I will be going over a bit with the salad!