Eating out tonight, my options?

Options
2»

Replies

• dlj1405
    dlj1405 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I'd have steak, jacket, ask for it plain and some butter on the side so you can add a little. and salad for about 800-1000 - they could be off by 20% - kitchens don't weigh

Then you have drinks

And don't eat bread / breadsticks unless you count it

And what about pudding

How many cals do you have for the meal ...I'd have been saving all weekend exercising more today

pudding? Who eats pudding? I'm confused about these food choices. Is this a specific restaurant I'm not familiar with?

It's a place called the Harvester :)
  • dlj1405
    Options
    IMO Fajita wrap and sweet potato fries all the way!!! But if your worried about balance or macros I would go with steak for the fats and proteins, basmati rice, and find out if they have some sort of steamed vegetable.

I just saw they do green beans!:) isn't the rice bad though cause it isn't whole grain ?
  • dlj1405
    Options
    dlj1405 wrote: »
    I have no idea what Gammon is, or what's in a Jacket potato or Basmati rice. But looks like the steak and rice are the lowest calorie option.
    Steak and either fries or sweet potato fries! not because of the calories, just because they're the tastiest out of your choices - to me anyway!

So it really doesn't matter as long as they're in my calories?:)

well that depends if you follow IIFYM or not?

I just try and keep with what MFP tells me lol
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what Gammon is, or what's in a Jacket potato or Basmati rice. But looks like the steak and rice are the lowest calorie option.
    Steak and either fries or sweet potato fries! not because of the calories, just because they're the tastiest out of your choices - to me anyway!

She is saying if you are following IIFYM, then you would have to select something that fits your macros (fats, carbs, and proteins)

But if you don't follow that, then yes you can choose whatever you want that fits your calorie goal for the day.

• dlj1405
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »

She is saying if you are following IIFYM, then you would have to select something that fits your macros (fats, carbs, and proteins)

But if you don't follow that, then yes you can choose whatever you want that fits your calorie goal for the day.

I had never heard of it :) is it best to follow that then or?
  • habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    Options
    Steak with baby potatoes sounds good to me, and green beans!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I'd have steak, jacket, ask for it plain and some butter on the side so you can add a little. and salad for about 800-1000 - they could be off by 20% - kitchens don't weigh

Then you have drinks

And what about pudding

How many cals do you have for the meal ...I'd have been saving all weekend exercising more today

This was a last minute plan :( I have about 900 calories! Don't think I will be having pudding but the great thing about this restaurant is the free all you can eat salad cart, all of these meals fit into my calories but I think I will be going over a bit with the salad!

Just watch out for the salad dressing and other toppings. Stick with leafy greens and fresh veggies but don't go too crazy
  • Ryandecheney314
    Ryandecheney314 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    IMO Fajita wrap and sweet potato fries all the way!!! But if your worried about balance or macros I would go with steak for the fats and proteins, basmati rice, and find out if they have some sort of steamed vegetable.

I just saw they do green beans!:) isn't the rice bad though cause it isn't whole grain ?

yes and no. Brown rice is always better because its the "unrefined" version of white rice. It still has all its natural wholeness. But having some white rice isnt going to kill you.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Then you have drinks

And what about pudding

This was a last minute plan :( I have about 900 calories! Don't think I will be having pudding but the great thing about this restaurant is the free all you can eat salad cart, all of these meals fit into my calories but I think I will be going over a bit with the salad!

Seriously, being over your calories for one day isnt detrimental. You'll be fine.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Good advice from everyone so far. Eat whatever sounds delicious to you, and fits in your goals. PS, I'd totally go with steak, jacket potato (because, POTATOES yum), and salad. Delicious and classic "celebration" food (IMHO). Enjoy!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

No food is bad food - unless you are allergic or don't like it.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I went over on Tuesday because I ate 3/4 of a pizza. These things happen. Just have fun and get back to it the next day.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Relax, celebrate, continue with calorie deficit afterward.
  • Ryandecheney314
    Ryandecheney314 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    its all about personal preference. IIFYM allows more flexibility in your diet, like if you want a cookie or something after dinner. As long as it fits within the ranges of your macros then that cookie will be ok. But when it comes down to it, its still all about CICO
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »

I had never heard of it :) is it best to follow that then or?
    For weight loss alone it is not necessary.

To improve body composition then yes it works great.

• dlj1405
    Options
    habit365 wrote: »
    habit365 wrote: »

That's what I have decided!:)
  • dlj1405
    Options

Then you have drinks

And what about pudding

Just watch out for the salad dressing and other toppings. Stick with leafy greens and fresh veggies but don't go too crazy

I love the salad there as you can pick what you want however much, but I guess that's where the calories pile on lol. I normally have a small pit of the pasta, lettuce, cucumber, sweetcorn, carrot is, onions and I have to have some of the croutons lol
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness. This would be like 3/4 of a day's calories.... restaurant food is SO high cal! If it was me I would get a grilled chicken salad with dressing on the side.
  • dlj1405
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    oh my goodness. This would be like 3/4 of a day's calories.... restaurant food is SO high cal! If it was me I would get a grilled chicken salad with dressing on the side.

Take a look at my food diary, that's what I've ate and saved enough for tonight's meal so it isn't to bad :)