fitness program "black girls workout too"

Options
GameOfPearls
GameOfPearls Posts: 8
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Before anyone gets racist it's a program named black girls workout too. It consists of 1 week of a brown rice, fruits, veggies, cabbage soup detox. The 2nd and 3rd week added meat, and the 4th added wheat pasta. I got to the 5th day off the detox and lost 7 pounds but when I weighed on the 9th day I weighed again and gained 4 pounds. I keeps track of my calories and was around 800 calories a day. But I just wasn't that hungry. When I ate a snack I ate an apple or a few grapes. I did actually eat just not that much and drinking as much water as I did, I didn't feel super hungry.I exercise regularly. I was told the weight gain cane from not eating enough calories, but I was also told it's water weight. I've also been told that my body went into starvation mode. I'm new to all this. I've never really tried to lose weight until I reached 300 pounds. Is it a bad idea to continue with the program I'm on?

And those of you offended by this post or calling it spam. It's actually not. My last posts were my first time posting anything on this site and I was actually stood about it. I saw what everyone else said and didn't think I was as detailed as needed. I decided to specify that "black girls workout too" was an actual program that I did and not something I made up to offend. I never responded to the previous posts because I posted it right before I went to work and didn't get to it until late last night.

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    This is your third post on this program. I'm calling spam.
  • GameOfPearls
    Options
    I'm actually not spamming. But call it what you may. I just want help
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Well if you are not spamming, then refer back to the other 2 post you have with valid responses.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    mika2690 wrote: »

Not buying it. People gave you plenty of advice in the last two posts.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    Well if you are not spamming, then refer back to the other 2 post you have with valid responses.

This ^^

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    mika2690 wrote: »

Then go back to your first or second post on this subject. I know at least one of those posts had responses. Posting this over and over again will 1) not garnish different response, 2) end up pissing people off resulting in no one responding to you.

Now, to humor you:
    1) starvation mode is a myth.
    2) 800 calories is not healthy. Increase you calorie goal to make sure you are getting the nutrition you need. (For example, I'm 5'8 and 175 pounds. I lose eating 1800 calories a day and doing some exercising. You could afford to eat at least that with your height and weight.)
    3) Go back to your other posts to read more responses.
  • xcalygrl
    Options
    Here's your original post on this same subject matter. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10012981/black-girls-workout-too
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Mods should delete this thread.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

That's racist

There is a thread from OP talking about the same program. Why did OP make another thread?

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's a bad idea to continue on this program.

Eating at a moderate deficit without excluding entire food groups without a medical reason or personal taste is the best most sustainable way to lose weight.
  • xcalygrl
    Options
    @mika2690 - you do know that you can respond to your original thread, even days later, right? When you do, it "bumps" it to the top of the page so posters will see that it's been commented on. Then posters read your update, and respond again to whatever update you have provided.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    black-girls-workout-2-21-day-challenge.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=640%2C640
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    OP may be new the site, to forum use in general. OP may be trying to get actual help. Going on that assumption, why bother with all the other criticism/crap? OP may not know its in bad taste to repeat the same sort of post over & over again. She probably means no harm.

Mika: you don't need a 'program' to lose weight but if you choose to follow one, research it to make sure you're not going to hurt yourself. Starving yourself is not healthy. Eating very low won't lead to 'starvation mode' but will lead to muscle loss, damage to internal organs, hair, nails, etc.

You likely have lost some real weight & some water weight. The 'gain' is probably water weight. Your weight (and anyone else's as well) will fluctuate from day to day. When you're doing insane things like an 800 calorie a day cabbage diet, it may fluctuate even more than normal.

Hopefully your goal is to lose weight AND be healthy. Try eating 1500-1800 calories a day, including a variety of nutrition sources. Meat, veggies, fruit, grains, healthy fats. Make an effort to exercise, move more. (Whatever workouts you like - doing something you like is good for longterm success.) And charge your weight over the next 60-90 days. You will see progress.

• yopeeps025
    Options

That's racist

There is a thread from OP talking about the same program. Why did OP make another thread?
    Yeah, I know. I posted in that thread too.

She made another thread because.......spam.

She's new maybe she did not know.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    OP may be new the site, to forum use in general. OP may be trying to get actual help. Going on that assumption, why bother with all the other criticism/crap? OP may not know its in bad taste to repeat the same sort of post over & over again. She probably means no harm.

Mika: you don't need a 'program' to lose weight but if you choose to follow one, research it to make sure you're not going to hurt yourself. Starving yourself is not healthy. Eating very low won't lead to 'starvation mode' but will lead to muscle loss, damage to internal organs, hair, nails, etc.

You likely have lost some real weight & some water weight. The 'gain' is probably water weight. Your weight (and anyone else's as well) will fluctuate from day to day. When you're doing insane things like an 800 calorie a day cabbage diet, it may fluctuate even more than normal.

Hopefully your goal is to lose weight AND be healthy. Try eating 1500-1800 calories a day, including a variety of nutrition sources. Meat, veggies, fruit, grains, healthy fats. Make an effort to exercise, move more. (Whatever workouts you like - doing something you like is good for longterm success.) And charge your weight over the next 60-90 days. You will see progress.

OP edited her original OP to explain. The original looked like spam.

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

That's racist

Yeah, I know. I posted in that thread too.

She made another thread because.......spam.

She's new maybe she did not know.

This is the third post. By the third post she should know by now.