15 Minute Routine Needed - Weight loss and Tone Up in 8 Days

Options
Anyone have any suggestions for a quick routine I could do in my living room after work - maybe 20-30 minutes. Looking for some rapid weight loss and just tone up flabby stuff a little. I know I am not going to get skinny this quick but maybe less saggy.
-
I do have some 25lb dumbells but besides that it would be bodyweight?!

Any links or ideas?

Replies

• lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I don't think you'll really be able to get noticeable results in 8 days. If you just want to look good for an event or something you could try going very low sodium and lots of water for a couple days before to get rid of any water weight, that might help a little :)

Also, if you are going to start a new workout routine now don't be discouraged if your weight actually goes up initially- it's pretty common for the body to retain water to repair for a couple of weeks when starting a new routine!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit is all you need to lose weight.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Buy a time machine. Should have started months ago.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    In
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    No changes can happen in eight days. As someone above said weight may increase and muscles can swell a little bit if they haven't been stressed that much recently. Also "tone" isn't really a thing. You can lower your body fat % which will make your muscles more visible. This requires a calorie deficit and time.
  • ikkinr20
    ikkinr20 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com. I'm becoming a broken record about this site but I love it.
  • thcguy123
    Options
    Probably right - figured I could at least exercise a little over next 8 days. Maybe feel stronger even if just in my head.
    -
    I did try to start a long time ago. One year ago I started losing weight for wedding in August - eventually failed and gave up and was heavier than ever before. Afterwards I said - I'm committed to looking better for honeymoon. Gave up again after a couple weeks.

I suck at this big time....never going to stop trying but I really suck at this and over time I get worse and worse about how long I last in my efforts. I used to lose weight and eat good for months on end before failing and reverting back. Not I am lucky to get a few days out of myself.

I have been trying since 1999 to lose weight (was 215 in high school) and only gain it instead - boo. I have gained about 7-8 pounds a year. Can't stop eating out, eating bad, gorging, not working out, not using my gym membership, etc. I can do it about a week - then I fail every time. Don't know what to do.

Figured maybe I could commit to these next 8 days.

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Stop putting deadlines on it. Even with the best plan, people miss their deadlines, and then it's an easy excuse for quitting. Instead, commit to logging everything you eat and drink here, every day. You don't need to stop eating out or do anything else -- first, learn how to log. After you're in that habit, look for little ways to cut down your intake. And instead of working out like crazy for the next 8 days, go outside and take a walk. 20-30 minutes. Tomorrow, do the same thing.
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    Stop putting deadlines on it. Even with the best plan, people miss their deadlines, and then it's an easy excuse for quitting. Instead, commit to logging everything you eat and drink here, every day. You don't need to stop eating out or do anything else -- first, learn how to log. After you're in that habit, look for little ways to cut down your intake. And instead of working out like crazy for the next 8 days, go outside and take a walk. 20-30 minutes. Tomorrow, do the same thing.

Totally agree with this... No deadlines just pick a habit to change/ improve on 1 at a time. When you are comfortable with it add another.... It's much less overwhelming doing it bit by bit
  • thcguy123
    Options
    I don't normally have deadline ever - maybe something like 40 pounds in two years or something would be deadline I would set in the past.
    -
    I know all about health and exercise. I have actually been trained in strength and conditioning and was a strength coach in college. I have also taken plenty of nutrition courses at my local school here. It doesn't help that I know what I need to do (start small, no deadlines, worry about health and not weight loss, calorie deficit, logging food, etc). I just can't stick with doing it. It's boring, takes up too much time, is hard, etc. Just fat and lazy - need to figure out how not to be so I can stick with something. Used to log food religiously back in the day. Now I can't get myself to log a full day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    thcguy123 wrote: »
    Anyone have any suggestions for a quick routine I could do in my living room after work - maybe 20-30 minutes. Looking for some rapid weight loss and just tone up flabby stuff a little. I know I am not going to get skinny this quick but maybe less saggy.
    -
    I do have some 25lb dumbells but besides that it would be bodyweight?!

Any links or ideas?

You can't get any significant results in 8 days
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I don't normally have deadline ever - maybe something like 40 pounds in two years or something would be deadline I would set in the past.
    -
    I know all about health and exercise. I have actually been trained in strength and conditioning and was a strength coach in college. I have also taken plenty of nutrition courses at my local school here. It doesn't help that I know what I need to do (start small, no deadlines, worry about health and not weight loss, calorie deficit, logging food, etc). I just can't stick with doing it. It's boring, takes up too much time, is hard, etc. Just fat and lazy - need to figure out how not to be so I can stick with something. Used to log food religiously back in the day. Now I can't get myself to log a full day.

If you think you can't - you're right.
  • thcguy123
    Options
    Glad to hear it - thanks.

I wasn't asking for you to pep my spirit up and tell me to keep working at it. I know I am a failure when it comes to this already. Don't need anyone telling me to stop making excuses. I tell myself not to make excuses every morning when I wake up, I tell myself it everyday when I am supposed to be heading to my workout. Doesn't mean I still don't make excuses. I think I have just given in finally to being fat forever, dying early, having health problems.....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it - thanks.

I wasn't asking for you to pep my spirit up and tell me to keep working at it. I know I am a failure when it comes to this already. Don't need anyone telling me to stop making excuses. I tell myself not to make excuses every morning when I wake up, I tell myself it everyday when I am supposed to be heading to my workout. Doesn't mean I still don't make excuses. I think I have just given in finally to being fat forever, dying early, having health problems.....

So what exactly were you hoping for when you posted?!
  • GurGeous
    Options
    have you tried dancing? you can get a great workout out of it without "feeling" that you are working out.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Try the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. Use the weight you have. Results won't be huge, but it's better than nothing!