What Do You Do When You Get Stuck?

Options
So I haven't lost any weight in a week, and it's upsetting me...now I realize it's probably because my family is visiting and dinner is usually very fatty, but I've been exercising a lot and have gotten no results....Has anyone been here? And what did you do to get out of your rut?

Replies

• jd19801984
    Options
    Usually when I hit a plateu its because my metabolism has shut down. If you get down to a light weight and have been eating very few calories for some time your metabolism wont burn as well. It may be that you need to pig out (lots of calories) for a day or two to get your metaboilsm burning again. Its called a KICKSTART!! :-) Good Luck.
  • StrawberryDrip
    Options
  • JennaLee1486
    JennaLee1486 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I change what type of exercise I'm doing when I get stuck. Like if I usually do eliptical everyday, I'll run or do the stairmaster, or something to totally confuse my body.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    So I haven't lost any weight in a week, and it's upsetting me...now I realize it's probably because my family is visiting and dinner is usually very fatty, but I've been exercising a lot and have gotten no results....Has anyone been here? And what did you do to get out of your rut?

If you have been overeating and managed to Maintain, that is GREAT! So give yourself Credit for that, most people Gain weight in that situation. Just stay the course, or even eat some of that "fatty" food, ENJOY IT, and don't work it off that day, the next day, get back to your STEADY Plan and stay steady. Sometimes the Body will take a rest because it NEEDS it, let it run it's course.
  • StrawberryDrip
    Options
    Thanks :) I guess the exercise hasn't gone to waste because I haven't gained....but I'm starting to think my sister is me because she's always saying things like ,"Why not have another slice of pizza?" :grumble: