Help - suggestions needed for my 3pm sugar craving

Options
chatnel
chatnel Posts: 688 Member
A couple of hours after lunch feel the urge to inhale chocolate. Was thinking of making something choclatey with protein powder kinda like a chocolate pudding or slice. Anyone help me with creating a receipe for my afternoon snack. Ideally high in protein and fibre so it's filling but under 200 calories.....

And no I cannot just have a little bit of real chocolate instead, once I get the taste for it I eat until I feel sick.

Replies

• beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Plain non-fat greek yogurt with 1/4 packet of sugar free chocolate pudding mix. Full of protein but still has your coco fix.
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Plain non-fat greek yogurt with 1/4 packet of sugar free chocolate pudding mix. Full of protein but still has your coco fix.

Ooo I never thought to do this. Definitely have to try this at some point!
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hot Chocolate? I love the Bourneville Highlights drink. It's really chocolatey but only 40cals per cup. When I'm drinking that, everyone in the office craves chocolate ;-)
  • alwayskungfu
    Options
    Organic dark chocolate...you know you want it!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I am a chocolate lover and need help!!!
  • chatnel
    Options
    Update - been making protein balls with chia seeds, protein powder, oats, nuts, maple, coconut oil. Super tasty and coming in at under 200 calories.
  • TygerTrax27
    Options
    Vanilla Nonfat Greek Yogurt with "straight" cacao, or Dark Chocolate Almond Milk, both Almond milk and Nonfat Greek Yogurt have TONS of protein...I've been using both of these ingredients for my chocolate ice cream fix.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Eat a sugar cube. 15 calories.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    funsize/treatsize bars
    low calorie hot chocolates
    cocoa powder in yoghurt
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Just dropping sugar totally was the only way I was able to break the sugar addiction mid afternoon. I drink about 3-5 tablespoons of dark cocoa powder mixed in hot water with a little coffee during the day but sometimes I skip adding any coffee. I love my dark cocoa and now do not miss the sugar.
  • 1pjah7
    1pjah7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    2 tablespoons chia seeds, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, 1/4 cup coconut milk, 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and stevia or splenda to taste. Combine everything in the morning (or the day before) and by afternoon you'll have the most delicious pudding that tastes just like an almond joy candy bar. Chia is really filling and satisfying.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you feel about processed snacks, but I love the Fiber One oats and chocolate chewy bars. 140 cals and 9 gms fiber.
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you feel about processed snacks, but I love the Fiber One oats and chocolate chewy bars. 140 cals and 9 gms fiber.

Also their 90 calorie brownies are really good. Ideally I'd like them to be about 4 times bigger haha but they work really well for my sweets cravings!
  • chatnel
    Options
    1pjah7 wrote: »
    2 tablespoons chia seeds, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, 1/4 cup coconut milk, 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and stevia or splenda to taste. Combine everything in the morning (or the day before) and by afternoon you'll have the most delicious pudding that tastes just like an almond joy candy bar. Chia is really filling and satisfying.

This sounds good. Am going to try this. Thanks

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    If I'm craving chocolate, I just buy a high quality dark chocolate bar and eat a quarter of it. Roughly 100-125 calories.

If I still need to hit my protein goal, I mix oatmeal with half a scoop of chocolate protein powder. Or just have a protein shake. Or mix the powder with greek yogurt.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been doing oats in a jar for a mid afternoon or late night snack. Oats, almond milk, Greek yogurt, and whatever add ins you want. Yesterday I did marshmallows and chocolate hazelnut cream. Today I'm doin cinnamon and apples :)
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    half a portion of the like it size of chocolate cake batter ice cream from cold stone! Yum!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Why not just not think about it so you dont have to have a '3pm sugar craving'?
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Eat something with fiber, protein, and a healthy fat at lunch. I get horrible sugar cravings and doing this always helps stop the afternoon battle with the cookie monster. :)

Another option would be to split your lunch into 2 smaller meals. 1/2 at lunchtime and 1/2 at 3pm.
  • TitikiOoh
    TitikiOoh Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a banana around that time, it keeps me full until dinner.