Starting Over....HELP PLEASE

Options
SheriF49
SheriF49 Posts: 50 Member
I am 51 yrs old and 225lbs. I was on MyFitnessPal a couple of years ago and lost approx 30lbs and have gained it all back. My activity level is pretty much nil now (I have become a slug) and I need to get back on the loss end of things again. I am finding that I am feeling my age now. My body is stiff and fluffy with lots of necks. I am not feeling pretty.

My problem is that I forgot how to get on track again and what to eat. I am searching for motivation and quick food ideas. I have a skinny hubby and feed him also. Did I mention I am also a sugar addict...not drinks..candy and cookies. I used to have energy to walk and ride my bike. My energy has seem to be zapped from my 5'2" body.

I do have plans on going to Hawaii with my husband next October for the first time and would like to kind look ok in a bathing suit, go kayaking, hike, snorkel...all of that stuff.

So please anyone out there that can give me a fire under my bum or any suggestions, please do.

Replies

• ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hey Sheri! I'll be 50 in March and am right there with you. Although I have had some success since July averaging a 1.8 lb per week loss. Feel free to add me if you want, I've got some ideas for you. :) ankdworak
  • warriorguy
    Options
    hey, I'm now 212...I was 234. I eat Special K Honey and Oats for brkfst with skim milk, or oatmeal, and I record calories of each part of the meal. Add cinnamon for flavor or fruit if you can afford it now. Veggie soup is a large part of diet....cut up a lot of them and cook in large container and get out a soup for lunch or supper. As an alternative, I may bake swai, salmon on a foil placed on cookie sheet, with sliced veggies beside them, and fresh garlic and other spices to make it a delicious meal. If I have calories leftover, I may eat a Weight Watchers ice cream bar, or 1 Dark Choc. nugget with almonds for dessert. I am working out 3 x week at my fitness center which I get free fortunately. I am 30 min. on bicycle, and use 10 Nautilus machines and barbells for 30 min. Using barbells, I am twisting round and round for 100 reps, and 100 side bends with with 5 lb barbells. Oh, btw, I've been obese for too long a time, so I am motivated to get down 50 more lbs. And, I'm 82 yrs old male. Hook up with me if you want to be friends. George Dixon
  • SheriF49
    SheriF49 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    George, thank you.
    Sheri
  • CindyL8
    Options
    Hi Sheri, thanks for sharing. My story is almost exactly like yours and I have had a hard time keeping motivated. I am most certainly addicted to food! Everyone in my family is slim and healthy except for me and I am the cook in the house. I just eat toooo much and then snack on top. I feel like I am back on track but I know I have a long road ahead. Let's just do it! One thing that really helped me in the past and now is having protein snacks (e.g. drinks or bars) readily available when I feel hungry and just a half portion really helps curb my appetite. I am also concentration on eating slower and savouring every bit to bring satisfaction and allow my body to register that it is full.
    Good luck my weight loss friend! You can do it.
  • dannyxtyler
    dannyxtyler Posts: 72 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Getting on track is hard. Staying on track is harder. Now's the time. You've got a year to get in good shape for your trip (and then the rest of your life to maintain your weight loss!). I have some motivation right in my own home - my father. He's about to turn 66. I'm caring for him. He has diabetes that he refuses to keep under control because he'd rather eat cookies and cakes. Because of his weight, he has high blood pressure, he's cholesterol is awful, he's at an extremely high risk of having a heart attack, he's developing dementia... He's gaining weight soooo quickly that we're buying him new, larger clothing frequently. He is sedentary, and he doesn't have the energy to move around, mostly because of all the extra weight he's carrying. He refuses to make the changes he needs to make, and I am watching him fall apart at such a young age. My grandmother (in law) is happily on her own at the age of 74. She's the guardian of my cousin (in law)'s 9-year-old and has been since his birth. She is able to keep up with him! She's active, happy, a healthy weight. My uncle (father's brother) is 76 and fit and healthy and can run circles around not only ME but my TODDLERS. I think all the time about how I want to LIVE as time goes on. I don't want to be heavy and sick like my father. I want to be healthy and happy, and I want to always have FUN. Do you have any people in your family you can think of who might motivate you to lose the weight? :smile: