This will make you think twice before eating that Halloween Candy!

Options
22rsf0ibofz1.jpg

Is it really worth the calories?

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Here's a crazy idea: Negate 90 calories of candy by eating 90 less calories of something else.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    That attitude toward food and exercise is beyond unhealthy.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    lol no it won't
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    false. now I am thinking about eating twice as much chocolate. cause chocolate. and iron. Also I agree with people above - this is stepping stones to serious issues. Candy is delish. ENjoy it dammit
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Seriously? Lol. I save around 200-250 cals a day to 'indulge' in a treat of some sort. Tonight's was some jaffa cakes. :) Yum!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm CANDY!!!

drool.gif

Yeah... nothing wrong with the candy... especially that it's FUN SIZE!! It's very easy to fit as least ONE fun size candy for the day.

Please don't torture yourself like that. If you keep thinking like that, you might end up getting the opposite reaction - you'll end up binging on so much candy. But if you really don't want to enjoy candy anymore, that's your choice.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Worth it.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Let me see...did it make me think twice?

107097-Lana-Archer-NOPE-gif-Imgur-sNvA.gif

*Eatz ALL THE CANDIEZ*
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    OP, you make me sad.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    That has the opposite effect to me. Only 10 mins of spinning for a peanut butter cup? Hells yeah!

But things like that not only demonise food, they also equate exercise with punishment. A healthy mindset towards food and exercise would do neither.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    That attitude toward food and exercise is beyond unhealthy.

Agreed
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that it might work for me the opposite way? If I do extra exercise I can eat a little more
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    For the peanut butter cups its totally worth it.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Nope it doesn't change anything for me. I'd still eat them, with or without exercise.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    That has the opposite effect to me. Only 10 mins of spinning for a peanut butter cup? Hells yeah!

But things like that not only demonise food, they also equate exercise with punishment. A healthy mindset towards food and exercise would do neither.

^^^^
    This

I'll probably have a piece of candy tomorrow. I'll budget for it, and enjoy it immensely. If I have any left over, I'll give it to someone else who wants it.

• EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Denial is my big binge trigger, so nothing is off the table. For me, the really relevant data are the first two columns. (Apart from my two favorite candies not being on the chart.) If I want a piece of candy, and since having one won't trigger a need/desire to eat all of the candy, I'll have the piece of candy and factor it in.

Long term, one piece of candy won't make a difference. I might choose a Justin's dark chocolate organic peanut butter peanut butter cup; I prefer dark chocolate.

For me, it's all about knowing what I'm eating.

Will I ride my bike an extra 15-20 minutes this weekend when Starbucks' eggnog lattes come out? You bet. Will I order a short instead of a tall? Probably.

Knowledge is power, including the power to mindfully choose to indulge.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Need a t-shirt that says 'Will run for chocolate'.... cause I absolutely will