Cutting out bread...yay or nay?

Options
1235»

Replies

• LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Thirded, but just curious.. What's wrong with peanuts?

As for bread cutting bread it's both a yay and a nay for me. I would not shell out calories from my budget for bread when I can spend them on something tastier, I mean I won't die if I have my soup without a side of bread or crutones (I don't like them anyway), but there are things where bread cannot be replaced. Lettuce is great for salads, but it's no sandwich. A burger without a bun ceases to be a burger, and as much as I love cauliflower KEEP THAT THING OFF MY PIZZA CRUST!

Nothing is wrong with peanuts. However, the person making that post was recommending nuts (walnuts, almonds, etc) and not legumes (peanuts). I eat lots of peanuts AND walnuts, so I've got both bases covered. :wink:

I'm with you on the crouton front, although I can't eat French onion soup or a Caesar salad without them. I also agree *big time* on the cauliflower crust thing. I was dancing with happiness (only slight exaggeration) that I can have a personal pan pizza this upcoming weekend at the dog show and still stay in my calorie goal. No. Cauliflower. Need. Apply.
  • denisegresham1
    denisegresham1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    On my cheat weekends, I have Ezekial bread, you have to find it in the frozen foods, but the carb count is lower and how it it absorbed. I buy the raisin one, toast it, and put no sugar peanut butter on it. Really good.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I am not in the Evil Foods school of nutrition ('cause there's really no such thing, just nutritional needs).

That said, bread is a staple because it's dense calories that's easy to store. If you're trying to lose weight, your problem is not that you cannot get enough calories. Now, some people eat bread and other wheat/grain based foods and lose just fine. Experiment. IF you do, I'd say there is no need to worry about it. Enjoy your bread.

It is very easy to overeat on bread, but if that's not a problem for you (it is for me. I'll do that quicker than I will overeat on chocolate, believe it or not) then enjoy your bread.

Bread is one of those foods I'm incredibly likely to overeat on, so I don't keep it around. (Yet the Halloween candy isn't a temptation. Funny ole thing, life...)

• denisegresham1
    denisegresham1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    On my cheat weekends, I have Ezekial bread, you have to find it in the frozen foods, but the carb count is lower and how it it absorbed. I buy the raisin one, toast it, and put no sugar peanut butter on it. Really good.

you do realize this thread is from July, right? Why did you resurrect it?

Why do you care?