Do I need to hit all my macro's to attain my goal?

Options
Hey guys,

Just recently joined the site to track my macro's to obtain my goal. I'm new to tracking my macro's and was wondering in order to meet your goals to gain lean musle if one must hit all their caloric, fat, sodium, protein macro's for the day? Or is it ok to be lower in one category than the other.

Any suggestions would help :)

Many thanks!

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that protein is the key macro to hit to build muscle. The other two kind of fill in the gap. How much sodium matters is very individual, i believe.
  • Rugbynutter
    Rugbynutter Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I wouldn't say to hit them spot on every day but as close as you can. To gain good muscle I would start around 50/30/20(carb/protein/fat). Just concentrate on getting those down and you'll do fine.

D
  • mandyfitness24
    Options
    Hi,

I wouldn't say to hit them spot on every day but as close as you can. To gain good muscle I would start around 50/30/20(carb/protein/fat). Just concentrate on getting those down and you'll do fine.

D

Thats good to know thanks! Is it also necessary to have protein right after a workout?
  • TrailRunnermn
    TrailRunnermn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    What are these macros you talk about? Kidding. I think certain macro ratios are a good baseline to keep you disciplined but shouldn't be taken as gospel. Experiment with foods that you really enjoy and energize you and the macros of those types of food should be what you should aim for.