This will make you think twice before eating that Halloween Candy!

Options

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    This has made me think twice.

Made me think twice about how tasty sweets are.

*puts on glasses*
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Here's a crazy idea: Negate 90 calories of candy by eating 90 less calories of something else.

Yup.

Edited to add - really wish that I could burn 90 calories in 10 minutes of spinning, lol!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I can definitely manage a piece or two of candy every day if I want it.
    I bet you can too. Just don't eat a giant bag of candy in one day.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    have you all noticed that OP hasn't come back to comment...lol.
    I don't think this went as she expected. She forgot to turn on the anti-sugar Batsignal to attract all the "sugar is the devil" people.

• trekkie_bbs
    trekkie_bbs Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Candy is awesome! However I agree with the posters that say cut it out of your daily calorie count or make up for it over the week. Of course if you just say to heck with it and eat it then that is your choice and nothing is wrong with it. If it sets you back by a day or two then in the end what did it really cost you? But if you decide to say to heck with it more often than not then you will be right back where you started. Just use your best judgement. I myself would eat candies if I had some but since I don't I will more than likely eat an ounce or two of peanuts and enjoy them 1 at a time (YUM!!!)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Well i have already eaten plenty of halloween candy, so yes. It's worth it because I fit everything I want into my calories/macros.

Duh.
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Carry it with you to the top of the nearest mountain and celebrate getting to the peak.
  • LazyCatPame
    LazyCatPame Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Terribly unhealthy to think like that. Celebrating a holiday eating a bunch of whatever I want while staying on my goals before and after that day won't ruin my diet. Like I read somewhere else: 1/365 days (and maybe if you count all the special occasions where you "screw up" you get to 15/365... again, no big deal if you do things right).
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Love the responses in this thread!!! if we deprive ourselves of what our bodies crave all the time (for me chocolate) then we'll binge and really negate our efforts! a little chocolate (or insert your craving) every once in a while will not hurt our efforts (whatever they are).
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Terribly unhealthy to think like that. Celebrating a holiday eating a bunch of whatever I want while staying on my goals before and after that day won't ruin my diet. Like I read somewhere else: 1/365 days (and maybe if you count all the special occasions where you "screw up" you get to 15/365... again, no big deal if you do things right).

Unhealthy to think like that? No, actually it is unhealthy to eat like that. I wouldn't advocate an alcoholic have a few drinks during the holidays. But, if that works for you. For me, I don't like to fail a few times a year on purpose. Overcoming the temptation is a success. Success motivates more success. Failure just brings you down.

Of course, if you just want to lose weight and healthy eating is of no concern, then just eat all you want on those days and cut back on your calories the next, right?

And as far as depriving yourself of that craving... lol. Just give into them, then. Let me know how that works for you later on. Skip the gym when you don't "feel like it" and dare not push yourself. It might hurt. Get those milks and cookies out.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I'll take a burpee and a spin class please!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Kelli850 wrote: »
    22rsf0ibofz1.jpg

Is it really worth the calories?

Well, I have plenty of calories to work with. Totally worth it for me. Also considering that it is not only Leg day, but I have to take my oldest trick or treating...I think I will have plenty to spare anyway.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    jbach2 wrote: »

Unhealthy to think like that? No, actually it is unhealthy to eat like that. I wouldn't advocate an alcoholic have a few drinks during the holidays. But, if that works for you. For me, I don't like to fail a few times a year on purpose. Overcoming the temptation is a success. Success motivates more success. Failure just brings you down.

Of course, if you just want to lose weight and healthy eating is of no concern, then just eat all you want on those days and cut back on your calories the next, right?

And as far as depriving yourself of that craving... lol. Just give into them, then. Let me know how that works for you later on. Skip the gym when you don't "feel like it" and dare not push yourself. It might hurt. Get those milks and cookies out.

Not every person who likes candy is the candy version of an "alcoholic". Not everyone sees actually eating something they like as a "failure". Gotta say, your thinking is what's unhealthy here.

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    jbach2 wrote: »

Oh, I got Bingo!

If I ever had your "all or nothing" mindset I would probably be miserable too.
  • Kelli850
    Kelli850 Posts: 13 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    That has the opposite effect to me. Only 10 mins of spinning for a peanut butter cup? Hells yeah!

But things like that not only demonise food, they also equate exercise with punishment. A healthy mindset towards food and exercise would do neither.

^^^^
    This

I'll probably have a piece of candy tomorrow. I'll budget for it, and enjoy it immensely. If I have any left over, I'll give it to someone else who wants it.

I posted the original picture from something I saw on FB before heading to a spin class so I'm just getting to see all the responses! I agree totally with the person above...never look at exercise as a punishment. I love to exercise and see what I am burning away. I too may have a piece of candy tomorrow and enjoy every bite! I have loved reading all the responses and feeling the passion in the posts.