This will make you think twice before eating that Halloween Candy!

Options

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I have a piece of candy every day and I have lost 121 pounds!! :P
  • trekkie_bbs
    trekkie_bbs Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Candy is awesome! However I agree with the posters that say cut it out of your daily calorie count or make up for it over the week. Of course if you just say to heck with it and eat it then that is your choice and nothing is wrong with it. If it sets you back by a day or two then in the end what did it really cost you? But if you decide to say to heck with it more often than not then you will be right back where you started. Just use your best judgement. I myself would eat candies if I had some but since I don't I will more than likely eat an ounce or two of peanuts and enjoy them 1 at a time (YUM!!!)

question...why would you think it would "set us back" for a day or two if we've counted it into our daily calories?!?!? Yes, candy is worth figuring into my daily calories.

" However I agree with the posters that say cut it out of your daily calorie count or make up for it over the week?" .................. I just don't know how to answer your question other than to paste from my same comment.

BTW thanks original poster for the chart. It's cool to see what it takes to burn off the calories listed above.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Definitely not thinking twice.
    The amount of Halloween candy I've fit into my macros is pretty good.
    And I can't wait for it all to go on clearance the day after Halloween.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    no. no it won't. you just showed me those things are less calories than i thought they would be. now i can have MORE!
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Just fit it in... I certainly don't work off every calorie I take in, my body does that by itself up to a point!
  • trekkie_bbs
    trekkie_bbs Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If your point is eating candy every day fits into your meal plans then I see nothing wrong with it other than the possible health issues it may (yes I said MAY not WILL) cause you down the line just like the health issues eating at McDonalds, Wendys, etc, etc that I did caused me although I did lose 100 pounds eating at those places. Ultimately although I lost weight it taught me how to eat wrong and bad stuff so it was a setback.

Since I am not in your group "won't set us back" I'll just say sorry I'm funny for responding to someone trolling the forum and I do in all honesty wish you well.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    As an aside, it's irritating when infographs like this surface, saying you need to work off your food choices.
    I think people forget BMR exist, and there's no need to work off every piece of candy or "junk" food you decide to eat. If we had to burn off every calorie we ate and then some, there would be a true weight crisis in this world.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Geez, I wonder how much work I have to do to work off that DQ Oreo cheesecake blizzard I just had
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Geez, I wonder how much work I have to do to work off that DQ Oreo cheesecake blizzard I just had

That's a thing? Seriously, I must try it. Yum.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of yesterday's status.

flgmfrqaser3.jpg
  • abcmommyx3
    abcmommyx3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My problem is that one piece multiplies exponentially. It is addictive I will get a taste and my body will just crave more
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    It did make me think twice. About how happy I am not to have a screwed up relationship with food.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Kelli850 wrote: »
    22rsf0ibofz1.jpg

Is it really worth the calories?

really? Is this what one day a year has come to….???
  • ndj1979
    Options
    jbach2 wrote: »
    Terribly unhealthy to think like that. Celebrating a holiday eating a bunch of whatever I want while staying on my goals before and after that day won't ruin my diet. Like I read somewhere else: 1/365 days (and maybe if you count all the special occasions where you "screw up" you get to 15/365... again, no big deal if you do things right).

Unhealthy to think like that? No, actually it is unhealthy to eat like that. I wouldn't advocate an alcoholic have a few drinks during the holidays. But, if that works for you. For me, I don't like to fail a few times a year on purpose. Overcoming the temptation is a success. Success motivates more success. Failure just brings you down.

Of course, if you just want to lose weight and healthy eating is of no concern, then just eat all you want on those days and cut back on your calories the next, right?

And as far as depriving yourself of that craving... lol. Just give into them, then. Let me know how that works for you later on. Skip the gym when you don't "feel like it" and dare not push yourself. It might hurt. Get those milks and cookies out.

alcohol and halloween candy are not even on the same level..

talk about comparing apples to oranges...
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Terribly unhealthy to think like that. Celebrating a holiday eating a bunch of whatever I want while staying on my goals before and after that day won't ruin my diet. Like I read somewhere else: 1/365 days (and maybe if you count all the special occasions where you "screw up" you get to 15/365... again, no big deal if you do things right).

Unhealthy to think like that? No, actually it is unhealthy to eat like that. I wouldn't advocate an alcoholic have a few drinks during the holidays. But, if that works for you. For me, I don't like to fail a few times a year on purpose. Overcoming the temptation is a success. Success motivates more success. Failure just brings you down.

Of course, if you just want to lose weight and healthy eating is of no concern, then just eat all you want on those days and cut back on your calories the next, right?

And as far as depriving yourself of that craving... lol. Just give into them, then. Let me know how that works for you later on. Skip the gym when you don't "feel like it" and dare not push yourself. It might hurt. Get those milks and cookies out.

Challenge accepted

y6acei3c9ppz.jpg

• ndj1979
    Options

Challenge accepted

y6acei3c9ppz.jpg

LOL I stand corrected...
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

Challenge accepted

y6acei3c9ppz.jpg

Can you fit an orange in an apple?