November Step Challenge

Options
Another month, another challenge!

Our challenge is to do 10,000 steps in a day. You can do this for any one day or try for the entire month. Jump right in at any time! You can set a lower or higher goal if you wish. Our main goal is to keep activate every day!

It's easy to join - Just post here to begin!

You will need a step counter to keep track of your steps and then post your results here.

Welcome to our Monthly Step Challenge!

Replies

• just4jilly
    just4jilly Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am in! This really motivated me in October. Thanks for starting the thread!
  • nessab70
    nessab70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i am in managed my first 10000 steps in a day yesterday an dwould like to keep it going
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I find this challenge to be very motivating! I have even walked circles around my house before bed to try to reach my goal :)
    Thank you for starting the thread :D
  • knickelson23
    knickelson23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • juliemac161
    juliemac161 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out but like the challenge to get me going.
    I bought a cheap step counter which turned out to be worthless. One day it said I did only 350 steps all day, another 5000, and 2 days around 2000. My activity was about the same all days.

For the short term I am using my iPhone app to count, but would like advice on what device others are using
  • Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did 13k steps yesterday for the first time!
  • fitterforlife
    fitterforlife Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am in and hope to log my steps everyday. Look forward to the challenge :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,910 Member
    Options
    I bought a cheap step counter which turned out to be worthless. One day it said I did only 350 steps all day, another 5000, and 2 days around 2000. My activity was about the same all days.

For the short term I am using my iPhone app to count, but would like advice on what device others are using

My step counter is Omron Model HJ-720ITC I bought it on Amazon :smiley:

• just4jilly
    just4jilly Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have an Omron too. I paid less than $20 for it on Amazon and it is easy to use and VERY accurate.

My goal this month is 300,000 steps.
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options

I use the Ozeri 4x3razor Digital Pocket 3D Pedometer. I bought it off of Amazon. It is accurate and inexpensive.
  • Jbeans508
    Options
    I'm in! :)
  • mjohnson1twenty
    mjohnson1twenty Posts: 932 Member
    Options

i'm using the fitbit one...
  • mjohnson1twenty
    mjohnson1twenty Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    count me in again... looking forward to the new challenge...
  • brea617
    brea617 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im in!
  • Jen_1964
    Jen_1964 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have a Fitbit flex and sad to say have only hit 10,000 steps one time since I have had it. I have been close several times. Going to push myself this month. Thanks for the discussion forum!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,910 Member
    Options
    :smiley: My goal for November is to exceed 18,000 every day

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
    “All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking."
    Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Tetesandra
    Tetesandra Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I am in. Last month I started late (October 5th) and did 394,719 steps so my goal for this month is to hit at least 420,000 by the end of November. Hoping Black Friday will give me a ton of steps :)
  • Melij
    Melij Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have a Fitbit Flex and haven't been able to make 10k in a day yet. So... I am determined to get there and with this challenge I will have at least one 10k day before the end of Nov. I could some Fitbit friends for motivation. I also do challenges on Fi.tt could use some friends there too if anyone is interested let me know and I'll figure out how to add you. (still a relative newbie at these other sites)
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Posting so I can find the thread again tomorrow!

Goal : 600000 steps
  • mrskristinlang
    mrskristinlang Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'll join in, just got a Fitbit Flex yesterday so that should help me get there.