Books to read

Options
Lauraann0204
Lauraann0204 Posts: 34 Member
edited October 2014 in Motivation and Support
I was on yesterday and can not find the post for books that are motivational, one had refrigerator in the title. I had sleeve gastrectomy. Anyone have some titles of good books to read.
Thanks, Laura

Replies

• mustloseweight2015
    mustloseweight2015 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I really liked In Defense of Food my Michael Pollan. He talks about eating everything, but eathing more natural and unprocessed food and about portion control. Talks a lot about eating habits of people in cultures where there's very little obesity (like French, Asians, or Americans before the 70s, etc.). Quite an interesting read.

It is not exactly a motivational book, but definitely inspires you to eat right.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    "The Power of Habit" by Charles Duhigg
    It talks about how certain habits are so ingrained into us that we have a hard time controlling them. Then it goes into how to rewire your brain to create new habits (like diet & exercise).

https://goodreads.com/book/show/12609433-the-power-of-habit?from_search=true
  • Lauraann0204
    Lauraann0204 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thank you so much. Just looking for good reads to get out of a rut!!
  • stillbattlingthebulge
    Options
    The Beck Diet Solution (train your brain to think like a thin person) by Judith S. Beck, PH.D.
    This book works with any diet/eating plan & it uses cognitive therapy to teach you to change your thinking about food and exercise! It's really awesome!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The BIG Book on the Gastric Sleeve: Everything You Need To Know To Lose Weight and Live Well with the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (The BIG books on Weight Loss Surgery)