This will make you think twice before eating that Halloween Candy!

Options

Replies

• Navtendon
    Navtendon Posts: 168
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    Navtendon wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    jbach2 wrote: »
    dakotababy wrote: »
    It is like it is healthy to still be able to eat "junk" and move on...get myself to the gym the next day, eat healthier, etc. This is real life.

In real life, junk food is still junk.

That was very well put.

Why is it that the people that complain the most about junk food or sugar never have open diaries?

Time for more chocolate
    5267698593a9d.preview-620.jpg

Because you asked:

I wasn't complaining about junk food nor do I have ill feelings towards it. Why would I? I don't eat it or crave it. Was I commenting about it? yes. it's a forum.

I never enter anything into my diary. Why would I? I don't count calories or keep track of the amount of food I eat to care enough about a diary. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. (I also eat when I'm full, esp when it's delicious). I do watch the types of food that go into my mouth very carefully and I don't need a diary for that. Just a set of eyes. I'm not on this website for help. I'm on this website to help.

How are you going to help on a website for calorie counting when you don't count calories?

By steering people away from focusing on calorie counting and on factors that I think are more important.

Theres your problem....

Sounds like a good problem to me.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Ate 900 calories in Reese's before noon.

No regrets.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    the peanut butter cup is ok because protein

like.gif
  • Navtendon
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    It is like it is healthy to still be able to eat "junk" and move on...get myself to the gym the next day, eat healthier, etc. This is real life.

That was very well put.

Why is it that the people that complain the most about junk food or sugar never have open diaries?

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

I wasn't complaining about junk food nor do I have ill feelings towards it. Why would I? I don't eat it or crave it. Was I commenting about it? yes. it's a forum.

I never enter anything into my diary. Why would I? I don't count calories or keep track of the amount of food I eat to care enough about a diary. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. (I also eat when I'm full, esp when it's delicious). I do watch the types of food that go into my mouth very carefully and I don't need a diary for that. Just a set of eyes. I'm not on this website for help. I'm on this website to help.

How are you going to help on a website for calorie counting when you don't count calories?

By steering people away from focusing on calorie counting and on factors that I think are more important.
    So you are here on a calorie counting site to steer people away from the calorie counting? So basically to leave mfp?

No not necessarily. MFP has good intentions. Just to increase health awareness/
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    No it wont
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

I was thinking about my tortillas...

what if instead of chopping up *just* peanut butter cups for a burrito, chopped up some butterfinger along with the pbcs, and made the burrito like that.

Almost needs like some fluff to make it a square meal though.

Careful. You start one as a burrito, and its only a matter of time before its offered as a burrito bowl. And then its only a matter of time before Chipotle picks it up. And then its only a matter of time before the chicken littles start heralding the end of the world because there's more to a serving than what the website says...

but... what IF they put too much rice in my peanut butter cup burrito bowl! It's totally the end of the world. They'd be trying to make me fat!
  • dbmata
    Options

That was very well put.

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

Where did you go to school to become a registered dietitian?
  • Navtendon
    Options

That was very well put.

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

Ah, don't count calories but claims to maintain on 4,000+ calories a day. Gotcha, thanks for the reassurance.

That was a long thread in which I stated that so you may have missed relevant parts of the discussion. I described in that thread that someone once asked me to count for a day, so I picked an average day and did that for their curiosity.

In that same thread you admitted to lying about your sex, creating multiple accounts to hide under, and many other lies if I remember correctly.... yea that's who I want to get help from

Also wtf would you attempt to steer people away from calorie counting on a site that is designed around that concept? Are you really that idiotic? nevermind you don't need to answer that

Then don't take my help. We went over this.

Actually, preaching to the converted would be idiotic.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Paige682 wrote: »
    jgennace wrote: »
    If you're going to eat candy, how about elevating your tastes to dark chocolate or something of better quality instead of that kids stuff.

Snob.

Butterfingers and Twix are amazing.

hey hey hey- why can't we just all get along??

dark chocolate AND butterfingers!!!!

What about butterfingers DIPPED in dark chocolate??/ eh eh eh- now we talking right?!?!?!

Oh dear God... YES YES YES!!! Any candy dipped in dark chocolate please!! :mrgreen:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

That was very well put.

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

Ah, don't count calories but claims to maintain on 4,000+ calories a day. Gotcha, thanks for the reassurance.

That was a long thread in which I stated that so you may have missed relevant parts of the discussion. I described in that thread that someone once asked me to count for a day, so I picked an average day and did that for their curiosity.

In that same thread you admitted to lying about your sex, creating multiple accounts to hide under, and many other lies if I remember correctly.... yea that's who I want to get help from

Also wtf would you attempt to steer people away from calorie counting on a site that is designed around that concept? Are you really that idiotic? nevermind you don't need to answer that

Then don't take my help. We went over this.

Actually, preaching to the converted would be idiotic.

Oh no fear of me taking your help, I've seen you caught in way too many lies as you hide behind your blank profile claiming to be a doctor.

But I will call you on your BS
  • bahls24
    bahls24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Kelli850 wrote: »
    22rsf0ibofz1.jpg

Is it really worth the calories?

I ate a mini mm's
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I knew this would be a battle of the experts. To Snickers or not to Snickers - that is the question (snickering).
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I knew this would be a battle of the experts. To Snickers or not to Snickers - that is the question (snickering).

You have yet to answer my question. Did I fail today because I had a mini twix? Am I doomed FOR LIFE?
  • dbmata
    Options
    I love how the OP posted a troll thread and then skipped out. Sitting back to watch the lulz.
  • Navtendon
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

That was very well put.

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

Yup^^ Sounds like that person is deliberately trying to get people of mfp. Seems like a post that does deserve to be flagged and reported by everyone.

I'm sorry? You want to flag and report me? Because I'm saying something different than the norm? Sure.

And your request for flagging and reporting is in direct response and support to someone using abbreviated profanity (wtf) and resorting to name calling (using the word idiotic?).

That act alone seems kinda backwards.

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

You have yet to answer my question. Did I fail today because I had a mini twix? Am I doomed FOR LIFE?

Yes, cuz minis weren't on that list. .. so now you don't know what exercise to do!! :anguished::mrgreen:
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    jgennace wrote: »
    If you're going to eat candy, how about elevating your tastes to dark chocolate or something of better quality instead of that kids stuff.

Snob.

Butterfingers and Twix are amazing.

hey hey hey- why can't we just all get along??

dark chocolate AND butterfingers!!!!

What about butterfingers DIPPED in dark chocolate??/ eh eh eh- now we talking right?!?!?!

Oh dear God... YES YES YES!!! Any candy dipped in dark chocolate please!! :mrgreen:
    Meh...but Oreos dipped in dark chocolate, with crushed-up candy cane bits sprinkled on top? Yes please!

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Yes, cuz minis weren't on that list. .. so now you don't know what exercise to do!! :anguished::mrgreen:

Well...sh&t.