New but not new

Options
Hi, i'm new to mfp but certainly not new to the weight loss challenge. I have been overweight since I was a teenager, reaching my highest weight of 220 a few times. yo-yo much?? The last time I decided it was time to lose the weight (again) was 3 years ago after having 2 preemies within 9 months of each other and moving. Apparently I don't cope well with stress - lol! Anyways, I was back up to 220 and decided it was time. I worked diligently hard exercising 5 - 7 times per week and watching what I ate. Within 4 months I had lost 40lbs. Then we went away for Easter and I fell completely off the wagon. I have tried (unsuccessfully I might add) to get back in control since then. My weight has stayed around the 180 range sometimes up 10 from there and once 10 down from there (until we went on holidays to Vegas this winter), but I am tired of this and really want to get the last 40 off once and for all.
I currently follow a low carb diet and have started walking 5 mornings a week. I hope to start using my elliptical on the weekends and add in some weights in the very near future, but for now baby steps! I need to accomplish one thing at a time instead of going all in - that does not work for me at all!
Anyways I hope to meet some great people on here and have fabulous success!!

Replies

• iLLiprincess622
    iLLiprincess622 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm pretty new myself to the site, but not so much to the yo-yo weight struggle. :happy:

Yay for taking control, right!?!
  • shanny24
    shanny24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome i also joined today.. and im so happy i did.

good luck with your weight loss x
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the sight. You will meet alot of great people here who will encourage/support you.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It's not about how fast you get there. Think in terms of taking care of your body by eating nutritious food in the right amount and getting just enough exercise to maintain strong muscles and lubricate joints. For me, I found that thinking of my health in the same importance as brushing my teeth keeps me on track. I wouldn't go without brushing my teeth, therefore why would I go without taking care of myself through nutrition and exercise? I give myself temporary vacations, such as 1 week no formal exercise and 1 day a week of eating without worry of it being healthy or not or too much, too little. It ends up being like a vacation from work... when you go on vacation from work, you don't want to go back, but you know you have to. Same thing here. You have to change your mind about how you view fitness. Fitness is not something that you can get (like shopping) it is something that you live. Each day is a choice. I can choose not to brush my teeth. But would I feel good about it two days from now?