Options
2»

Replies

• cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    mrsmay1986 wrote: »
    I use EpiburnPro. It's what they put out after OxyelitePro was taken off the market. It seems to help me! I combine that with exercise 5 times a week and a healthy diet. Good luck to you!
    Hyped up stimulant with some other useless ingredients. And pretty costly too.

Realize that the majority of fat burners, etc. are packaged by about 6 companies out there and all the distributors/sellers do is get a label put on them.

Not to mention that with 3rd party manufacturers, they aren't usually using the best and safest raw materials out there. A lot of raw material comes from China which has no regulation. This is why there are lots and lots of supplements out there that have contaminants in them and why many pro athletes that use them get suspended or banned from usage thinking they are safe or not contaminated.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

In response, I get mine from GNC. I don't get it from a third party supplier off the internet, therefore I know it's not a random bottle of pills with a random label. It is regulated. I would never recommend taking a supplement and not integrating exercise and healthy eating habits.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Exercise and diet are the two major factors but a good protein (whey and caseine based for fast and slow absorption), creatine and multivitamin with a lot of high value amino acids are good. Some people have problems with whey based or caseine based proteins. I like to add other products for other results, NO for pumps, focus and pre-workout energy as well as something to help with post-workout recovery, along with tons of water. It all depends on what you are trying to achieve. Remember though, supplements are only as good and as useful as your diet and exercise routine is.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't assume supplements are regulated in the same why pharma is.

Read the label. Their claims aren't validated. gg gj ltp
  • wilsoncl6
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

True, that's why it's hit or miss when you try supplements, some actually do work, some don't. Some are full of a bunch of junk that are based on junk science while others do have some good ingredients that may work for some but not all.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »

True, that's why it's hit or miss when you try supplements, some actually do work, some don't. Some are full of a bunch of junk that are based on junk science while others do have some good ingredients that may work for some but not all.

I should have quoted who I was replying to, your post came in while I was making mine. lol. :)
  • wilsoncl6
    Options
    DLD28 wrote: »
    What are good supplements to take to help with muscle building while at same time help burn fat? Do the exist?

You'd be hard pressed to burn fat and not lose some amount of muscle, much less build muscle while trying to cut. The body just normally doesn't work that way and no amount of supplements is going to change that. That is why most bodybuilders bulk then cut down, which means gaining weight which includes muscle just to later cut off the fat. In order to gain a lot of muscle you have to do this over and over again in cycles until you reach the resultant lean muscle that you want.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    NONE!

Go ahead, discuss it with me. ;)
  • bshot1
    bshot1 Posts: 44
    Options
    Creatine, if you're a responder. Caffeine preworkout. Bcaa's IF you lift fasted. Only things I'd recommend, none of which are exactly what you're asking for.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Horse steroids might work. Not sure what the side effects would be, though.
  • shreddedtrooper
    shreddedtrooper Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The only supplements that work in my opinion are:
    Stimulants
    Whey
    Creatine

Now add creative marketing and bam, multi billion industry. I'm with the majority on this one. Eat real food. Whey is technically food but should only be "supplemental" to "assist" those that cannot meet their dietary requirements but nothing can top "real food."

Stims you will feel and they should only be used as a tool and not relied on.

Creatine simply offers the body more ATP. Find a good pure mono and don't fall for creative marketing.

Sure sure, multivitamins will again "assist" but IMO its a good safety net if the diet is not providing what is necessary.

Nick Cheadle Fitness on IG. Great posts. There is only 3 ways to gain muscle and lose fat at the SAME TIME, I'll paraphrase:
    1. beginner with lots of reserves to burn through and gains to make because this is the beginning.
    2. Insane Genetics
    3. that juicy juice.

Best of luck. My advice is to become "aware" of what someone is trying to sell you and again... eat real food. Less or more depending on goals.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Tuna and Top Ramen.
    Stimulants
    Whey
    Creatine

Now add creative marketing and bam, multi billion industry. I'm with the majority on this one. Eat real food. Whey is technically food but should only be "supplemental" to "assist" those that cannot meet their dietary requirements but nothing can top "real food."

Creatine simply offers the body more ATP. Find a good pure mono and don't fall for creative marketing.

Sure sure, multivitamins will again "assist" but IMO its a good safety net if the diet is not providing what is necessary.

Nick Cheadle Fitness on IG. Great posts. There is only 3 ways to gain muscle and lose fat at the SAME TIME, I'll paraphrase:
    1. beginner with lots of reserves to burn through and gains to make because this is the beginning.
    2. Insane Genetics
    3. that juicy juice.

Best of luck. My advice is to become "aware" of what someone is trying to sell you and again... eat real food. Less or more depending on goals.

Tuna and Top Ramen.
  • in_the_stars
    Options
    Stimulants
    Whey
    Creatine

2. Insane Genetics
    3. that juicy juice.

• in_the_stars
    Options
    I like the way you lean...