So I had a binge today

Options
I'm not sure why, but something in my head said "eat pizza, eat pizza, eat pizza." even though I didn't really want to, I kind of felt i had to. (yea weird)

I've binged and eaten a whole medium pizza today. Now I feel so sick. Apart from that psychological guilt My stomach is bloated and i feel like i am going to throw up constantly.

Any advise. I've been sipping carbonated drinks because i've been told that helps things (apparently) but not really helping.

Replies

• ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    It's only around 1800 calories, skip dinner.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Fizzy drinks will just make you more bloated...
  • keep_going_kg
    Options
    That was dinner. Tbh, I've only eaten a couple cereal bars and that pizza today, so as a one off I'm managing to stay calm (hahaha), but the sickness I can't handle it and the pain in my abdomen is hell
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Idk. Have a pepto, some tea, try to poop, drink some water, and back to normal tomorrow.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on.
  • keep_going_kg
    Options
    Ok, so stop the fizzy drinks >.< lol
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    At my house we call that "Tuesday"
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Mint tea will help with the bloating and nausea a bit.

Log it, move on and have a lighter supper. Count it as lesson learned, no guilt. Your body is rejecting huge quantities of pizza, its just not worth it for the future. I'm guessing the nausea you are feeling will make something like a piece of toast, an egg white omelet, or whatever your brand of ultra low-cal supper sound heavenly.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Log it and walk
  • keep_going_kg
    Options
    i can't den think about food right now.
    i might go get some mint tea cuz i really want to throw up.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Walk- you need to get that food digested. Walking will distract you from the discomfort.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The guilt serves no purpose. You are it, you can't go back in time and not eat it.

Concentrate on doing better in the future. :)
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You call that a binge? I've had planned refeeds bigger than that. It won't hurt you, at worst you'll only gain half a pound in weight from it assuming that's 1800 calories over your total daily energy requirements. The bloating will go down over night, stay off the pop/soda though - whoever told you that was either winding you up or incredibly stupid. Lots and lots of water helps with stuff like this, it sort of forces things through your body. When you next eat, make sure you get plenty of fibre (if you don't already) for the same reason. What you've done by eating this pizza is basically the equivalent of going for a long walk and at some point tripping up. Getting back up and continuing is mega easy. Oh and contrary to what others are telling you, it's probably best if you don't log it. By the sounds of things you'll probably keep looking at it and feeling guilty. What's the point in that? It serves no useful purpose, you don't need to be adjusting calories on another day to make up for it so why record it?
  • zzmdfh
    zzmdfh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try logging your food before you eat it to see what numbers it hits. You may see something in there that you don't like and it will change your whole desire for that food. Like everyone has said...it's not something to put that much guilt on yourself about even if you ate 2 pizza's. The idea is you recognized it and want to change it. Take it 1 meal at a time, 1 day at a time, 1 exercise routine at a time. You can do this!
  • 200goodbyes
    Options
    Keep yourself accountable anyway and remember - tomorrow is another chance to do well. Don't beat yourself up, you don't deserve it.
  • MoeHameed
    MoeHameed Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You call that a binge? I've had planned refeeds bigger than that. It won't hurt you, at worst you'll only gain half a pound in weight from it assuming that's 1800 calories over your total daily energy requirements. The bloating will go down over night, stay off the pop/soda though - whoever told you that was either winding you up or incredibly stupid. Lots and lots of water helps with stuff like this, it sort of forces things through your body. When you next eat, make sure you get plenty of fibre (if you don't already) for the same reason. What you've done by eating this pizza is basically the equivalent of going for a long walk and at some point tripping up. Getting back up and continuing is mega easy. Oh and contrary to what others are telling you, it's probably best if you don't log it. By the sounds of things you'll probably keep looking at it and feeling guilty. What's the point in that? It serves no useful purpose, you don't need to be adjusting calories on another day to make up for it so why record it?

Couldn't have said it better.
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Goodness, people have weird definition of "a binge" ...

What you did is to overeat.
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I agree with (gentle) walking and mint tea. I love that stuff for when my stomach is angry with me.
  • AlanaTedmon
    AlanaTedmon Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Goodness, people have weird definition of "a binge" ...

What you did is to overeat.

How do you differentiate binging vs just overeating?
    Isn't binging when you have over 1000 calories in under fifteen minutes?