Quitting all sweets in May...who's with me?!!

Options
Hey Everyone, this has never been attempted by me before; I have never given up sweets in my whole life. (I tried one time, but didn't get through the day...MY WILL POWER IS WEAK!! ) But throughout the month of May in 2011, I'm going to give up sweets all together! If I post this, I will be accountable to everyone who reads it and to myself all the more. May starts in 2 days, but I'm doing my best not to binge before the outset. I don't think I can do this alone though...so I'm trusting God, and I'm asking you for participation...

So, who of you will do this with me? If you will, please respond a "I'm with you..." or whatever. =)

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• cynusps
    cynusps Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I will give it a try. I am weak too but together we might make it.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I have a serious sugar problem, no doubt (fruit addict, yeah!), but I just finished the Whole 30 challenge and need a break. Put out another call for me in, say, August ;)
    http://whole9life.com/2010/12/whole30-2011/

good luck, though! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I was planning to give up sweets (processed sweets, anyway - will still eat natural sugars) for May...

I drink a lot of "fake sugar" in my coffee and want to learn to eliminate that because it is so much sweeter than regular sugar, so my taste buds have got accustomed to SUPER SWEET. And, additionally, the fake sugar is infamous for giving one the bloated feeling.

May is my trial month to see if i notice/feel a difference.
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    After much debating I will do this with you. I've tried this before and only lasted 2 weeks until I crumbled under pressure.
  • wendywilliford
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • Glitter_pumpkin
    Options
    I have to, sugar melts the glue on my braces so i can't eat now even if i wanted to. So i'm in :D
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm with you because I was planning to do this also for the month of May. I usually do it once or twice a year.
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hmm I'll give up the sweets, everything besides fruit of course. :)
    Hopefully I have the willpower, because I pretty much have a mouthful of sweet teeth.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! :) My weakness are those damn ben & jerry's ice creams! I could finish one pint in a sitting
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I've never given it up for an entire month before but it should be easy because we don't keep sweets around :)
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Perfect! I'm in. I have a major sweet tooth. Processed sugars and junk are out. I had been doing really well until Easter came along then I indulged and the cravings came back. Time to kick it to the curb. Good luck everyone :)
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    omg i want, i NEED to do this so bad, but im not sure i have the willpower, i could eat pure sugar for every meal if itd fill me up lol... ugh, im gonna try as hard as i can! count me in!! eeeekkk! lol
  • adriaarnett
    Options
    Wow this is my weakness. Are you counting artificial sweetners as well? Count me in but I will need to friend you to get the support to finish because we have a ton on bdays in May and that means a lot of cake!
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm with you -- I'm going to try my best. Nervous, but I hope I can do it!
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm in. I will even cut out my skinny cow ice cream. LOL. I have downgraded to that so out it goes also. I will get the kids to finish it up today so I don't have anything sweet in the house. Oh no!! Does that mean my fancy creamers too?? Shoot. Ok. So it is for a month and you never know, might be able to do longer after the first week?? One can only hope. LOL.
  • luvs2pugs
    luvs2pugs Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm going to try this with you. This is my huge addiction, but I need to do this. I have been having "fungus attacks" lately and my doctor told me that it was from eating too much sugar! But, I would like to specify that I will be cutting out the junk sugar, not fruit or Stevia. Will that be okay?
  • sarahdeptula
    Options
    Great! Thanks everyone for joining in with me! I got my co-worker in on it too...=)

We can do this!

OH! Fruits are definitely in for me, I'm just cancelling out cakes, cookies, muffins, candy...etc. I might try to stick with whole foods as well, but not if it's gonna distract me from the main point.

I'll keep you all posted on my progress throughout the month, and hope you will do the same!

P.S. I just ate 3 cookies....=( Arghhhhh!!!!!

Wait, one more thing...(If you break the Sweets-Fast, don't quit all together. Put it behind you and keep going.) It doesn't make sense to quit a good thing just for making a mistake. Right?? =)
  • luvs2pugs
    luvs2pugs Posts: 52
    Options
    This will be fun! We can do it together!!!!
  • sarahdeptula
    Options
    Oh! Here's my ticker...now I'll HAVE to behave! =)

3719443.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Hope it works.

P.S. If you consider it to be a dessert...don't eat it! =) Let that be the rule.
  • Heathenheidi
    Heathenheidi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok -- I'm in to support Luvs2pugs! How about 90% dark chocolate???? Is that ok -- other than that I should be alright.