10 pounds mini goal group?

Options
I'm on another 10 pound mini goal after losing the first 10, this time I thought it would be fun to have a group or maybe more friends along the way for these next ten.

Replies

• ineedalifetbh
    ineedalifetbh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'll join, I have about 10lbs to go anyway but finding it hard to get off! D:
  • Haters4less
    Options
    Great!
  • vegemitesandwich
    vegemitesandwich Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'd be down for this one, I've got a bit over 10 to go but breaking it down might make for a fun challenge!
  • Zoe678
    Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • INSPIRE_SELF
    Options
    same ten pounds would be a great lost :)
  • mixdouble
    mixdouble Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Would love to join. Smaller goals make sense!
  • GMKF
    GMKF Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Count me in.

I do have a question that's been bugging me. I know alot of people on this site say that you'll never loose weight by eating too few calories...but what about all the people who have bariatric surgery - they can only eat very little and the weight falls off of them.
  • Jessalynn54
    Jessalynn54 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Want to lose 10. Dropped to not so healthy weight last year from not eating enough after a breakup, but then started gained so started eating even less. Eating less equaled 24 lbs gained for me. Now eat more at 1400 a day and stopped gaining and am slowly losing.
  • rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have 10 to lose. Really hoping to accomplish this by end of this year.
  • Haters4less
    Options
    Ok, so should we make a goal of 5 pounds in 30 days?
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Im in for 10. Not that hard for me to do as some of you though but is a good kickstart for me
  • amylynn82784
    amylynn82784 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • momonay96
    momonay96 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    im down! only have 8 to go tho haha
  • rimfree
    rimfree Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! :)
  • Ash_danielle
    Ash_danielle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    GMKF wrote: »
    Count me in.

I do have a question that's been bugging me. I know alot of people on this site say that you'll never loose weight by eating too few calories...but what about all the people who have bariatric surgery - they can only eat very little and the weight falls off of them.

That's because those people are confused. Eat less, keep everything else the same, and you'll lose more rapidly.

But, when you eat less, your body compensates for the calorie reduction (takes a couple of weeks or so). You move less, you put less effort into your workout, you produce less heat. In general, you feel weaker and more tired. Usually, this is gradual enough that you don't really notice until you are really tired all the time. So, the increase in weight loss is not exactly proportionate to the decrease in calories. Plus, the fewer calories you try to eat, the more hungry you tend to get. Which means there's an increased likelihood that you won't stick to your calorie target consistently. Or, you'll give up on the diet entirely.

Those last points are some of the main reasons people who've had surgery have better initial success with really few calories - they have almost no way to 'cheat', and many eat even less than they are prescribed. At least, for a while. Then the majority learn to eat larger amounts even with surgery - and that's when they start gaining back.
  • Haters4less
    Options
    ATTENTION:
    I have created a group for us named ten and under, daily motivational quotes, tips and advice will be provided by me and other members! Hope to see you all their
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'll join please x
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Can someone send me the link for the group. I can't find a search button in groups. Ta x
  • vegemitesandwich
    vegemitesandwich Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100411-10-and-under

I'm on mobile, but I think this is the one :)