Just found the site.

Options
I have been using the "My Fitness Pal App" on my phone for over three months now and just found the actual site to check out. I am a huge success story. July 7 I began preparing for my annual PT test for my Corrections Emergency Response Team (ERT). Lets just say it was not pretty, walked a bit and tried to run. I was completely gassed after like two blocks. Went home complete discussed with myself. One of my team members told me about the app and showed me how to set it up. I though well I have to do something.
-July 11 Started the day off with a base weight, 270 lbs., wow, heaviest I had ever been. Started walking 2 miles a day and set the app at 1500 cal a day even though I said I could eat up to 1850 and still lose weight, I lowered it.
-July 16 Dr. appointment. Dr. said she would help monitor progress, 267lbs, 35.8 Fat %, and 37.9 BMI. Kept walking everyday and eating right. Began to integrate some running in at the end of the month.
-Aug. 13 Dr. appointment. 248lbs, 33.8 Fat %, 35.6 BMI, Dr. was impressed and documented the progress and use of fitness pal. Same routine through the month more running, up to 2 to 3 miles mostly running.
-September 12, Dr. appointment, Weight 229 lbs, 31,2 Fat %, 32.9 BMI, Dr. stated that my BP was better and documented. PT test for the my ERT team, smashed the run, my age I had 16:30 to complete a 1.5 mile run (i failed it 3 months earlier), I did it in 13:35!! Last Dr. appointment was
-Aug. 10 Dr. Appointment. Weight 219lbs, 28.7 Fat %, 31.4 BMI! Dr. asked it she could use my story and documentation of what I did with the App for other patients to show them you can change your life.

I am not done yet, my goal weight was just to get down to 210lbs, but that goal has change. I am not focusing on the number anymore. This week I have developed a plan to get my core strength up and cardio up. My ERT Team has committed to competing in the Warrior Dash obstacle course next summer and it has created something for me to strive for.

My Fitness Pal has changed my life!! I have never been able to follow diets or fix my eating patterns. This app gave me something to monitor and see exactly what I was eating. This created a life style change. I eat better, I have not had fast food since I started and I was a Taco Bell junkie. I have been telling everyone that ask, how did you do it, that it was all life change and My Fitness Pal

Replies

• birdiman
    birdiman Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great story with awesome results! Keep up the good work.
  • sashafischang
    sashafischang Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have done an amazing job this summer and fall. Keep it up. Can't wait to hear how you are doing in a few months.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very, very well done :-)
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on your PT test result! That's so cool. :smile: I'm really glad that your doctor is hoping to tell her patients about MFP - I had to find this place on my own and it took me a lot of years to end up here. I wish my doctor was that clued in. (It sounds like your friend deserves a really nice thank you present!)
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Fantastic! Good job!
    50 lbs in 3 months is phenomenal and way above the average rate of loss for most!
    Now the next challenge ahead of you is effective maintenance!
    :-)
  • EWHerbie
    Options
    Hit my goal weight and burned past to 205 lbs. about two weeks ago. I went down south for a few days, when I returned home I upped my calorie intake to 2000 cal. But made the mistake of making some real crappy discussions on eating. After a week in a half of being not so regimented I jumped back up to 211 lbs. I know I should not fixate on the number but I know what I did and now I have to get a maintenance program together. I am seeing that the maintenance is going to be the tough part.
  • Bekkah5215
    Options
    Nice work and congrats on your many successes!! I am from MI, too :smile:
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    EWHerbie wrote: »
    Hit my goal weight and burned past to 205 lbs. about two weeks ago. I went down south for a few days, when I returned home I upped my calorie intake to 2000 cal. But made the mistake of making some real crappy discussions on eating. After a week in a half of being not so regimented I jumped back up to 211 lbs. I know I should not fixate on the number but I know what I did and now I have to get a maintenance program together. I am seeing that the maintenance is going to be the tough part.

I'm guessing it just hasn't been enough time eating at a deficit for you to develop new habits. I think it will take me a couple years minimum, but I've been overweight for decades.

My thoughts at this point, a year after seriously deciding to lose weight and about 8 months using MFP, is that I will always have to track what I eat and weigh myself daily to be able to keep it under control.

Its a continual learning process, isn't it?

Congratulations on your huge loss, btw!

55835802.png

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!