COTTAGE CHEESE!

Options
13»

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    power pancakes:
    1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 4 egg whites, 1 tsp vanilla. mix in the blender. cook like pancakes. yum.

I have made these and they are awesome. Then I will heat up a couple strawberries mixed with water (or blueberries) in the micro for about 30 seconds and it turns to strawberry "mush" to add on top.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    It's good plain with Mrs. Dash sprinkled on top. or I like mixing any of the following in it: pineapple, oranges, or pomegranate.
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    OK, I know this sounds weird, but it's truly yummy!

Cottage cheese salad: mix yellow mustard, chopped onion and chopped tomato into your cottage cheese, then eat!

My sister made up this recipe when we were kids, but we've both come to love it as adults, too.
  • Brina4888
    Options
    With Pineapple chuncks and some pepper! Can't go wrong!
  • LittleBuddy13
    LittleBuddy13 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Ill eat it with almost anything love that stuff lol, I do it up with celery, on a huge piece of lettuce with sum tomato, strawberries mashed up with a splenda mixed into strawberries is a good pair like a strawberry cottage cheese parfait haha, Its a good way to get protien so I eat it as just a side dish with my fish and chicken too. Cottage cheese pancakes??? Thats sounds soo interesting ima have to try that for sure!! Best of luck to you and your cottage cheese:drinker:
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    i mix in craisins in my cottage cheese if i don't have fresh fruit.
  • krystleRD
    krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I bought some today for the first time ever and I'm interested in different ways to eat it.
    I'd appreciate some tasty ideas!! Thanks in advance!

I always get the low fat cottage cheese... it does have sodium, what food doesnt? But I like mine with peaches, pears, blueberries, or on a side of a salad.. If i eat it plain ill add ground black pepper.
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I looooooove cottage cheese! I've always eaten it sweet though. When I hear of people putting pepper and such in it, I get a little skeeved, but it's only because I've never eaten it any other way except with fruit. I love the Breakstone Cottage Doubles. Eat one almost every day (strawberry is my favorite).
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I like it with just a touch for Catalina lite french dressing on it! got that from my dad..i also like it with pineapple, in salad. But again..It's a salt issue for me.
  • marigolds1
    Options
    When I make salads, I mix in 1/4c cottage cheese with 1 tbsp light ranch. It moistens the salad so it feels like I have a lot of dressing, but for faaaar less calories and fat. I love it!

This. If you mix it with fat-free greek yogurt, a packet of hidden valley ranch powder, and a bit of lemon juice, you can whiz it in the blender and make high-protein, low-fat ranch-ish salad dressing!

I like it plain. The weirdest way I like it is on top of whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter and the cottage cheese piled on top. It's really very good.