Sugar + Proteins = always more than expected...

Options
Hi there, I am new in this super healthy journey, and theres something wrong with my diet. It seems that I cannot spend all my calories, but on the other hand I'm always exceeding in proteins and special in sugars. For ex tonight I have 459 remaining calories, but I cannot take any Proteins nor sugar, so what can I eat....? is there a way of searching food low in Proteins or sugar?, thks in advance :yawn:

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You should be able to add vegetables without increasing sugars and protein.
  • brooke_g0501
    brooke_g0501 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I find that I always have cals remaining, and since I'm only at 1200, they say I should make sure I'm eating all of that, but how can I do that without going over everything else?? I've been wondering the same thing!
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You can always eat more protein unless you are just already eating double what is recommended. Sugars on the other hand you really need to cut down on.
  • learnbygoing
    learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    What types of sugars are they? Are they fruit sugars, or processed sugars? For instance, if you're going over your sugars because you eat soooo much fruit, it's not a big deal. However, if you've had 2 sodas and some cookies, that's a different story, and you need to try to simply eat less of them. I go over sugars almost every day because of fruit, but I always try to eat most of my fruit in the morning so that my body has a chance to burn those sugars off throughout the day.

I agree about the protein, it won't hurt to go over there. Just make sure you're drinking plenty of water so that your body can process them properly.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Going over Proteins is usually not a problem, MFP is set low for protein, you will see lots of threads on that and going over on sugar may only be problem if you are a diabetic.

To brooke_g051 I would say you need to eat more Protein dense foods to make sure you are getting all your protein.

Remember, Protein keeps you fuller longer and is the primary part of your diet along with Fiber. Protein rich foods are lean meats, greek yogurt, cottage cheese. Veggies and Fruit will provide some of the fiber.

Good Luck!