starbucks!

Options

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    my bf says the pumpkin spice Frappuccino tastes just like pumpkin pie. Next time I stop, i'm gonna try it!

I had one on Thursday. It made my taste buds a little sad actually. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it wasn't everything I was hoping it would be.

Anybody try the peppermint mocha? Is it good? I wonder if they'll make it white mocha... hmm... :smirk:

Yes you can ask for 2 pumps of white mocha and 2 pumps of peppermint.

I've been getting Pumpkin Spice Lattes the last few times just to enjoy it while I can. I used to work at Starbucks so I have quite a few things I like.

Salted Caramel Mocha
    Caramel Brulée Latte
    Caramel Apple Spice
    Chai Latte (no water)
    Blended Strawberry Lemonade
    Green Tea Lemonade

And a "secret menu" item for those times when you REALLY need a pick-me-up ... The Undertow. Our store floated the milk on top of the espresso shots to keep from burning your throat (a couple of quad undertows helped me to my shift record of 18 shots of espresso).

Oh yay!! The happiness!! Peppermint white mocha here I come!! :smiley:
    Oh secret menu drinks are the best, especially the marble mocha macchiato!! :drinker:

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    jbee27 wrote: »
    If you know what to order, coffee drinks are easy to budget for. Tall nonfat milk caramel macchiato from Starbucks is only 180 calories, and has a decent amount of protein!
    True. But I waffle between wanting that or a glass of wine. Can't usually have both. Tough decision LOL.
    I had a skinny half sweet PSL today and it was heaven!

• nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I love a dark roast with a teaspoon of Honey :smile:

Oh dark roast would kill my stomach, it's too strong!! I was sssooo happy when Starbucks finally took out the blond roast. :drinker:

Just a heads up light roast are actually stronger than dark roasts, and have a much higher caffeine content.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    nickatine wrote: »
    I love a dark roast with a teaspoon of Honey :smile:

Oh dark roast would kill my stomach, it's too strong!! I was sssooo happy when Starbucks finally took out the blond roast. :drinker:

Just a heads up light roast are actually stronger than dark roasts, and have a much higher caffeine content.

Really?! Cuz it's not as strong and it doesn't kill my stomach... that doesn't make sense...

Now if it's got more caffeine... YAY!

• debbiesue1972
    Options
    Absolutely love the pumpkin spice lattes and gingerbread lattes. I am pretty sure they put crack in them because I have the hardest time staying away. However, I only allow myself 1-2 per week now when my habit was 1 (and even sometimes 2x) per day, every day! Eventually I would like to avoid them completely. Baby Steps :)
  • babsabs2011
    babsabs2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Peppermint mochas are my favorite...I try to only get them now and then, but its so hard to resist!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of their salted caramel mocha lattes. Cannot wait until peppermint season comes around!
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    There are ways to cut calories in Starbucks drinks if you really want to. Besides the sugar-free syrups which I tend to stay away from

Nonfat milk, no whip- no brainer
    Half syrup in flavored drinks-still sweet enough and I much prefer it like this now
    Smaller size- they can make a short version of anything. 8 oz of full flavor goodness but less calories
    Extra foam- cuts down on the milk. Love me cappucinos instead of lattes
    "Poor girl's pumpkin spice latte"- drip coffee with 1-2 pumps pumpkin spice syrup and bit of milk or cream. Saves calories and $$

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Any hot chocolate that is on the menu over Winter.
    I do not go to Starbucks that often though and if I do, I tend to have a large tea.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Depends on the time of the year. Right now is the pal and the rest of the year is the maple macchiato (when its available) followed by the caramel macchiato. When the psi came out this year I was getting a Grande that was skim milk, half sweet, and no milk for 200 calories but it is just not nearly as good so I will go with the original but may opt for a tall instead of a Grande..... mmmmmm.... Starbucks!!

8931969.png
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Depends on the time of the year. Right now is the pal and the rest of the year is the maple macchiato (when its available) followed by the caramel macchiato. When the psi came out this year I was getting a Grande that was skim milk, half sweet, and no milk for 200 calories but it is just not nearly as good so I will go with the original but may opt for a tall instead of a Grande..... mmmmmm.... Starbucks!!

8931969.png

Should be PSL not pal or psi.... couldn't edit the post to correct

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    guilty pleasure! I refuse to give it up!
    I normally get some sort of iced tea or chai tea or a regular coffee.
    whats your favorite drink?

I've been liking their liquid cocaine, although my standard is a regular latte with cinnamon steamed into the milk.
  • bokaba
    bokaba Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Black coffee only for me.
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Buy whole bean Starbucks and brew up each and every morning...add a splash of vanilla and almond extract, pumpkin or cinnamon spice and/or cocoa powder and some stevia and I am set:)))
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Quad Americano with whip most of the year. At this time of year, I'll sometimes treat myself to an Eggnog Latte (which has yet to appear on the menu at our local shop :'( ). I don't care if it's not the most 'nutrient-dense' use of my calories, either.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Anybody try the peppermint mocha? Is it good? I wonder if they'll make it white mocha... hmm... :smirk:
    They'll basically make it any way you ask for it, provided they have the ingredients on-hand. There are 'secret Starbucks menu item' lists available via search engine, too.
  • sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Most of the frappacuinos have light versions that are honestly really good. I think the java chip light is better than the full cal one. There are also a lot of ways to cut calories as mentioned before, non-fat milk and no whip cream cuts upwards of 100 calories. Using sweet and low, equal or splenda instead of syrup cuts around 60 calories per pump if I remember correctly. The also have a full menu of drinks available under 200 calories http://www.starbucks.com/menu/nutrition/20-under-200.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I'm very simple. I only like hot or iced black coffee and unsweetened americanos. I used to be obsessed with the frappuccinos, but after getting used to black coffee and realizing how much insulin I now have to take for a small frappuccino, they didn't taste as good.
  • vickyjane1710
    vickyjane1710 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    not starbucks, but a caramelatte from Caffe Nero speciality menu. 427 calories, so dont do it very often, but worth every calorie when i do!
  • crystalnichle
    crystalnichle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    after reading through all these I need to make a trip to starbucks! all these drinks sound so yummy!