Does anyone else struggle with bran flakes?!

Options
2»

Replies

• coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Hi, Try some General Mills Fibre 1 Crunchy Original Whole Grain Cereal instead of Bran Flakes. There's 0g of sugar and a 45g serving fills you up nicely without craving more. It's especially good with some fruit on top! : )
  • onmyown70
    onmyown70 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Cereal is my worst enemy. That's why I never buy it. But bran flakes are yummy and healthy so If I have them I have a bowl and put the box back in the cupboard.

I had days I would eat a whole box of cereal to the point I would feel sick. It's my worst binge-trigger and I am being totally serious. I find it easier to stop with ice cream than cereal.

I'm sorry you have the binge eating too but thank ful for your honesty- I'm exactly the same - chocolate ice cream sits safely in my freezer, how bizarre is that.
  • onmyown70
    Options
    Than
    coretemp wrote: »
    Hi, Try some General Mills Fibre 1 Crunchy Original Whole Grain Cereal instead of Bran Flakes. There's 0g of sugar and a 45g serving fills you up nicely without craving more. It's especially good with some fruit on top! : )

thank you for your recommendatio. I'm in the uk though..
  • marlovs78
    marlovs78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    onmyown70 wrote: »
    I am away with the family and they have porridge and bra flakes.
    I have trouble with bra flakes. I guess I need to use more moisturizer.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is porridge made of old-fashion oats. It always fills me up that lasts for 3 or 4 hours and does not set me on a frenzy for more carbs ... but I have a secret ... I load it up with other stuff. It's different every time I make it, and yet it is the same. Sometimes I have it for dinner.

The secret is an egg. I almost always add an egg to the water or milk and whisk that together before I add the oats. Sometimes I add fruit, other times nuts, or a bit of both, or peanut butter, and always some cinnamon. Sometimes I add more water and put in a tablespoon of chia seed for some crunchy pudding-type texture. It's always good.

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I either have almonds in my portion of bran flakes or a tbsp of peanut butter in my hot muesli and I guess it fills me up for several hours and fuels my workout.
    Other days I have 2 fried eggs and a slice of whole grain toast and that's filling too.
    It's like the combination of fat, grain and protein has more staying power for me.
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have issues with cereal in general. I have to use a small bowl and small spoon and remind myself I only get one serving:) if I'm still hungry I need to find a different food to eat! Lol
  • nomoredoughnuts
    nomoredoughnuts Posts: 130 Member
    Options

I'm sorry you have the binge eating too but thank ful for your honesty- I'm exactly the same - chocolate ice cream sits safely in my freezer, how bizarre is that.

I know right? And don't get me wrong, I love ice cream. But I have had the same tub of salted peanuts and caramel ice cream (which is my favourite) for over two months now in my freezer and I haven't touched it. If I try and get cereal in the house the box won't last a day haha.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Have a bowl of bran flakes with banana and strawberries. One of my faves and very filling.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    NK1112 wrote: »
    My favorite breakfast is porridge made of old-fashion oats. It always fills me up that lasts for 3 or 4 hours and does not set me on a frenzy for more carbs ... but I have a secret ... I load it up with other stuff. It's different every time I make it, and yet it is the same. Sometimes I have it for dinner.

The secret is an egg. I almost always add an egg to the water or milk and whisk that together before I add the oats. Sometimes I add fruit, other times nuts, or a bit of both, or peanut butter, and always some cinnamon. Sometimes I add more water and put in a tablespoon of chia seed for some crunchy pudding-type texture. It's always good.

Doesn't the egg cause texture issues? Like the milk becoming kind of slimy and all? And it's also raw? I'm very curious about doing this
  • onmyown70
    Options

I know right? And don't get me wrong, I love ice cream. But I have had the same tub of salted peanuts and caramel ice cream (which is my favourite) for over two months now in my freezer and I haven't touched it. If I try and get cereal in the house the box won't last a day haha.

This! I I've chocolate ice cream too :-) but it's safe from the binge monster :/)