Anyone else having anxiety about the weekend right now?

SolidGoaled
SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
I am! I am already nervous and upset about the things I haven't even done yet. :/ Is that anticipatory guilt at work or what??

Replies

• mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    I have it too. I guess the best thing we can do is come prepaird. Be responsible for what we put in our body and get off our butts and move!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    things you've not done yet? like what? over eating?

I was worried I'd over eat this weekend - the husband's away, I'm bored, but you know what, I've stuck to it so far. No exercise yet, but last night I managed to buy a packet of jaffa cakes and eat ONE!

So you know what, you can do it. Try logging what you eat BEFORE you eat it, and then decide if you want too or not.
  • AdGalicia
    AdGalicia Posts: 84 Member
    i am always worried about the weekends...the weekend is the only time my calorie intake goes crazy!!! Today alone I have already eaten most of my calories ugh!!! and its only friday!!!
  • I know I am worring... Actually, this is my first full day of dieting. I just couldn't wait till Monday so I felt like... There's no time like the present (LOL)!!! Any help or suggestions on how I can get the extra pounds off will be very helpful... And congratulations to all who have shed the extra weight.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Retrain Yourself to Think Positive

Retrain Yourself to Think Positive
    A key element of changing your attitude is changing your self-talk, or internal monologue. Your self-talk is that chattering conversation you have with yourself all day long, whether you are aware of it or not. It's the voice in your head that says, "I'm too fat" or "I'm not good enough." I don't need to go on, do I? You know what I'm talking about!

It's this kind of useless negativity that keeps you from being the best that you can be. Well, it's time to turn it around once and for all. You need to retrain yourself to think positive!

Imagine what would happen if you changed the dialogue so that it sounded more like this: "I can lose weight and be healthy, exercise to the best of my ability, and get stronger and better at it every time I do it." Your self-talk can make the difference between happiness and despair, success and failure. I can promise you that if you start making your self-talk more positive and affirming — and less defeatist and self-depreciating — your whole life will change for the better.

Jillian Michaels
  • omusi
    omusi Posts: 8 Member
    I'm always worried on Friday's because I kinda treat myself to a movie and eat snacks then Saturday and Sunday I lose my structure. I just have to push through all the bad habits to learn healthy ones.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    bump
  • I'm not overly concerned about this weekend, since my husband and I are hosting movie night so I'm going to be in control as to what is served and I'm going to the gym to bust up any extra calories that I'm going to have from dinner with my hubby (already calculated everything out before even buying it!). My only concern is going to my father-in-law's for Sunday dinner because he loves to serve ham and very salty mashed potatoes and other things that have tons of salt and butter. I'll just kinda skip out on the things that I know I have to avoid and dig deep into the fruit salad he always serves. Hopefully, he'll just grill meat and I can pick the lighter of the meats instead of all that other stuff.
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    i do!!! i have a birthday get together to go to at mellow mushroom (a pizza place) and hanging out with friend's always sabotages me! but i plan to take control of the situation by working out in the a.m. and either getting a salad or having just ONE slice of pizza. wish me luck! :wink:
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    I'm heading to a birthday dinner this weekend... but not too worried. I'm planning on eating sensibly for the rest of the day, and then hitting the gym beforehand to earn some calories.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    I'm stressin' because my morning workout routine got preempted, and things have only gone downhill since then... URGH.....
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    I'm dreading it as well. Today I freaked out when I ate a huge buttermilk biscuit for breakfast. So good while eating it, but I felt so guilty afterwards! I hate feeling like that, I don't even know why I do it in the first place. I always go out for brunch on Sundays with my family. I never eat a ton, but I'm sure it's way over what I should be eating. I just feel like I behave all week and should allow myself that on the weekend. If I don't, I'll go crazy.
  • DFineMrsRicks
    DFineMrsRicks Posts: 66 Member
    I have the same anxiety every weekend.

Before, Friday night was our "take-out" night. We would order 2 large pizzas with wings. Saturday was our "fast-food" day. We would eat McDoanlds for lunch, Burger King for dinner, and Checkers for late-night. Sunday was either our chicken/buffet day. We would either eat Popeye's, Bojangle's, or Golden Carrol. Sometimes on Sunday, we would cook everything fried.

Now, I just talk myself out of the craving or either look at MFP!
This discussion has been closed.