Protein powder for women, as "clean" as possible.???

Options
I see the topic of protein powder has been talked to death, and after all the reading, I still have questions.

First question: Are all protein powders suitable for WOMEN who are LOSING WEIGHT? Is Creatine a bad thing? If so, how bad?

Second question: Are there any protein powders that do not contain artficial sugar? If so, do they taste like crap?

I am currently using Body Fortress Whey protein, vanilla - this is Walmarts brand. Price seemed good. BUT, it has creatine in it, and also sucralose. :/

I am really trying to limit artificial things in my diet, and why the hell I see this "sucralose" in everything lately - even bread - it is disturbing to me. Anynow - is there another brand or type of protein powder that would be suitable for a woman who is looking to LOSE weight, not gain?

EDIT to add: I use the protein powder for pre/post workouts, and the occasional boost to a meal when I am short on time.

Replies

• dessertchef
    Options
    A lot of protein powders purchased at stores like Walmart have many fillers added. Most only even have half of the amount of protein it states having. You should stick with a quality name which you can trust....you can price them online, they don't have to come from a nutrition store. It also helps to buy it with at least 5 pounds vs 1 pound because you get a better deal at the end of the day. We buy EAS at sams club...5 lbs for $28, each scoop has 23g protein. I hope this helps. BTW....this protein powder taste great..