Am I doing it wrong?

hello everybody!
I'm a new user of MFP and I was wondering about something...
I logged my weight and asked for 0.5kg loss per week and although I'm eating exactly the number of calories MFP says, at the end of the day, when I complete the entry, it says that if I keep up like that I will have lost 1kg in 5 weeks...why is that? It should say 2.5 kg... ( I mean, since I asked for 0.5 kg loss per week, in 5 weeks it's 2.5kg, right?)

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    All I can think of is you hit the 1200 floor, so .5kg a week isn't possible, but that doesn't seem that aggressive. What is the calorie level it's recommending for you?
  • I didn't say 5kg per week...I know that's impossible and not to mention unhealthy...I asked for 0.5 kg...The recommended calorie level is 1200... (I exercise a lot though, so when I loggin the calories I burn, it goes up to 1800)
  • WalkingAlong
    I didn't say 5kg, either. Notice the dot in front of the five? :|

If you're hitting 1200, MFP is saying you can't lose as fast as you chose, at least not while 'eating back'. You must be pretty small already.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    With only 6 lbs to lose, MFP probably isn't going to allow you to lose 1kg per week.
  • Yeah, I noticed the dot afterwards!!
    You mean it doesn't go any lower than 1200kcal? So I shouldn't "eat back" if I want to loose faster?
    I am 1.55 and weight 50kg... My ideal weight is around 47-48
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    With 6lbs to lose you should be at a rate of 0.5lbs or lower per week ...so 0.25kg
  • WalkingAlong
    Yeah, I noticed the dot afterwards!!
    You mean it doesn't go any lower than 1200kcal? So I shouldn't "eat back" if I want to loose faster?

No, it doesn't go below 1200 calories. Eating back as a necessity is controversial. I don't think you have to but some do.

Your BMI is 21, which is pretty low. Do you really need to lose that weight?

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    I didn't say 5kg per week...I know that's impossible and not to mention unhealthy...I asked for 0.5 kg...The recommended calorie level is 1200... (I exercise a lot though, so when I loggin the calories I burn, it goes up to 1800)

Are you eating back those 600 extra calories from what you burn?

Are you weighing and measuring all your food?
  • Yeah, I noticed the dot afterwards!!

No, it doesn't go below 1200 calories. Eating back as a necessity is controversial. I don't think you have to but some do.

Your BMI is 21, which is pretty low. Do you really need to lose that weight?

No, I don't really need to loose this weight.and the actual reason I downloaded this app is that I'd like to eat healthier, but I would liked it if I could loose a couple of kilos while doing so...
  • 999tigger wrote: »
    I didn't say 5kg per week...I know that's impossible and not to mention unhealthy...I asked for 0.5 kg...The recommended calorie level is 1200... (I exercise a lot though, so when I loggin the calories I burn, it goes up to 1800)

Are you eating back those 600 extra calories from what you burn?

Are you weighing and measuring all your food?

Yes I'm totally eating back and yes I weight everything I eat..
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Keep doing what you're doing... 1 kg in 5 weeks with just a few kilos to lose is fine, really.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    hello everybody!
    I'm a new user of MFP and I was wondering about something...
    I logged my weight and asked for 0.5kg loss per week and although I'm eating exactly the number of calories MFP says, at the end of the day, when I complete the entry, it says that if I keep up like that I will have lost 1kg in 5 weeks...why is that? It should say 2.5 kg... ( I mean, since I asked for 0.5 kg loss per week, in 5 weeks it's 2.5kg, right?)
    Just ignore it, as it's intended to be a fun little thing MFP does, where it's assumed if you eat the exact same foods in the exact same amounts, and do the exact exercise at the exact same intensity, after five weeks you might weigh a certain amount.

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    With 6lbs to lose, your goal is too aggressive. What are your stats: current weight, height, hours sleeping, hours standing/walking, any regular daily/weekly activity that you always do outside of planned exercise?

o.5lbs/week, or 2lbs max a month, is really the most you should aim for. That you are getting 1200 cals seems suspect and i'm assuming you have either set your activity level as sedentary and/or chosen 2lbs/week.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member

No, I don't really need to loose this weight.and the actual reason I downloaded this app is that I'd like to eat healthier, but I would liked it if I could loose a couple of kilos while doing so...
    Perfect, start lifting
  • thanks everybody! You've all been very helpful!! :):):)