Have you ever won anything?

Options
GuitarJerry
GuitarJerry Posts: 6,102 Member
In my whole life, I have won twice. Once I called in on a radio show and I was able to guess 5 songs that were played for 1 second each. I can't remember what I won. It was something stupid. Then, again on a radio show many years later, I won Elton John tickets just by being the tenth caller.

That's about it.
How about you?

Replies

• emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I hit a jackpot on the first slot machine I played on my 21st birthday. That's the only thing I've won.
  • joshua3179
    joshua3179 Posts: 2,882 Member
    Options
    I went to a concert, it was nonpoint and saliva they called out a ticket number and it was my ticket out of all the people there and I won an autographed mini chopper..
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky. I've won LOTS of stuff. One of the best is a voltage regulator that I put a ticket in at a seminar for Monster Cable. Thing is usually about $700 dollars and I predicted I would win because my ticket ended in 49 and I'm a 49er fan. Hahaha! Also have won a mountain bike from a radio station, numerous trips from work, and other things like a gold bracelet.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • chele402
    chele402 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I won an AM My Little Pony radio in the 1980's. And some gambling in AC & Vegas :)
  • sparkynazca
    sparkynazca Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I won a national photography contest, I won a "design a lottery scratch ticket" contest, I won $250 on a lotto ticket, I won meal coupons for a "design a set" radio contest, I've won various raffles... actually I'm very lucky at raffles. I've placed at several tournaments for a game called Malifaux, I won a writing contest and got second place in another. Probably some other things. I was a competative speaker in high school and got quite a few awards for that.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I won some Monday Night Football throwing contest at my favorite bar once a long time ago and won tickets to the Phoenix Cardinals v. Dallas Cowboys football game in Phoenix. At the time, the Cardinals and Cowboys were in the same division...this was also long before the Cardinals stadium was built and they played at the college stadium. There were more Cowboys fans there than Cardinals fans...that was kind of sad. The prize included two tickets to the game, air fare, hotel, and limo to and from the game.

When I lived in San Diego I won tickets (radio show) to the Chargers v Dolphins playoff game...think that was '94...same year Chargers went to the Superbowl and received that beat down from the 49ers. I was super stoked about that prize as I am a Dolphins fan and it was the first and last time I ever saw Dan Marino play in person...unfortunately, it was a loss...but it was a good game.

That's about it...
  • Medivh73
    Medivh73 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Won a few bowling championships & awards when I was in high school.

I wouldn't mind winning the mega millions, though!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    A few poker tournaments with a few thousand entrants. Other than those, just random things, flat screen tv, concert tix, dinners at restaurants etc...
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    A $25 gift card. Living the dream.
  • holagatita
    holagatita Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    In the 2nd grade I won a spelling bee
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I won a cute lamp in a Seventeen Magazine giveaway.
  • april27kelli
    april27kelli Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I won the 1st generation iPad on a radio station in 2010 just by being the 9th caller... I still have it and mostly just use it for Netflix...
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    Computer, gift card, money
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    AWESOME
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I've won a mini acoustic performance by the singers in a band I love, tickets to an acoustic concert by 2 bands, little bits on scratch-offs and various silent auctions and raffles. :)
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I won my 7th grade spelling bee. I won the Science award when I graduated from high school. In college, I won the "pig naming contest" in freshman biology (we had to submit the name of the fetal pig we were dissecting...mine was "Treyf" which means non-kosher). I won a karaoke contest with a stranger who thought I looked like someone who would know the lyrics to Meatloaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Light." And I've won a few random raffles, drawings, and door prizes over the years.
  • Motoman02
    Motoman02 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The Vietnam draft lottery. Uggh!
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    A heart, or two and $300 bucks out of a slot machine in Vegas....first try!
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    I won $1000 and a Kindle Fire tablet in some raffles at work.