Low Cal/Low Sugar Wine who knows of One?

Options
Any suggestions on a healthy low cal low sugar Wine??
and what are signs and numbers or words to look for on the
bottle when i pick out a healthy low cal low sugar Wine?

:drinker: :happy:

Replies

• mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Great question!

So, please - tell me there's one out there! :drinker:
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You know I was cooking with wine last night and really for one glass of syrah, which is considered a high sugar wine, it was only 123 calories and 3.8 carbs. I think if people drink alcohol the same way they eat calories all would be fine. Eating more than one twinkie isn't good for you and neither is drinking in excess.

Stick with anything in moderation and you should be fine.
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Something with a lower alcohol content will have fewer calories, but that's no fun so just enjoy in moderation!

http://www.annecollins.com/calories/calories-wine.htm
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    If you make it a spritzer it will be half the calories and sugar that you would have had... that's what lots of the wine drinkers do on here. half wine half soda water.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I generally stick to the cabernets. I like a good dry red wine, but not Merlot - go figure.

Unless you are getting a wine style drink, the sugar that's in wine isn't added sugar. It should just be from the grape juice. But of course sweet whites, like a spaetlese riesling (late harvest riesling) are going to have more natural sugar than the drier wines

Of course you can also have something that my family called Scholle - which I guess is a white wine spritzer. Just take some club soda and mix it with white wine.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Savignon Blanc is the lowest in calories and carbs (therefore, sugar). That's pretty much all I drink, with the exception of Santa Margarita pinot gricio!!!
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    1.White Zinfandel. One glass of white zinfandel has an average of 80 calories.
    2.Sauvignon Blanc. A glass of Sauvignon Blanc contains about 80 calories.
    3.Chablis. One glass of Chablis has about 83 calories.
    4.Chardonnay. A glass of Chardonnay has an average of 90 calories.
    5.Cabernet Sauvignon. Red wines are generally higher in calories than white wines. A glass of Cabernet Sauvignon has an average of 95 calories.

Hope that helps... Got it from one of the Wine sites. Just started to go to wine tastings with my husband so this really interests me now.
  • 2littlebostons
    2littlebostons Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you make it a spritzer it will be half the calories and sugar that you would have had... that's what lots of the wine drinkers do on here. half wine half soda water.

I was going to suggest the same thing!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Arrrrrrrrr I wish wine was zero calories and aided in weight loss LOL
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Red wine is best supposedly and helps with "weight loss." I'm not sure how much of that is actually true, in my mind alcohol is alcohol, but red wine is better than white wine because white has a higher sugar content. Here is another article about Red Wine

http://fitlode.com/2011/01/12/a-glass-of-red-wine-a-day-keeps-the-fat-cells-away/