Fitbit anyone?

Options
Does anyone on here use a fitbit? And do you like it or not??

Replies

• JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One and I love it! It keeps me motivated to get my steps in and keep moving. I don't sync mine to MFP, but that's because I have a BodyMedia armband as well and I prefer to sync that device instead. I do like that I have the option to sync it, though so I don't have to manually log all of my exercise. Fitbit just announced some new products and I am excited to get one of those once they become available. I like the idea of being able to see everything with a quick glance at my wrist :smile:
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have the flex, wear it 24/7, and it syncs to MFP. I really like it. I also use a Polar heart rate monitor when I work out so between the two, I feel like I'm getting all the information I can to help me throughout the day.
  • gonna_do_it_56
    gonna_do_it_56 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Bought the fitbit flex about 10 days ago. There are some glitches [read the forums] but I think its great. It makes me think about exercise and what I am doing...or not doing....so i try and get that extra light[ each light is 20% of your target 2000 steps in my case]..great motivator.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Flex user

Wear it all the time ...settings set to sedentary and workouts overwrite steps ...I'm not sure I'd have been succesful or stuck as long to losing without it tbh
  • taryn_caitlin
    taryn_caitlin Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Not a fitbit, but I have a misfit shine and I love it!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I love fitbit's. For me, I love the data it provides me about my day. I still have to manually add activities that I do outside of walking, but at the same time, it showed me just how lazy I was last year. Since I got my first Fitbit, my activity level has improved a bunch. Were I used to get <3000 steps on a lazy day is now more like 4 to 6000 is a "lazy" day. It underestimates my calorie burn a bit, but I can live with that.I've had a Zip and a Flex. My husband has the One.

Actually, I'm looking forward to the release of the 2 new fitbits that will have a HRM in them. I was considering switching out my Fitbit for the Garmin VivoFit since it can be paired with a Garmin HRM. However, since hearing about fitbit's integration of a HRM into a watch like tracker, I think I might just get that when it is released. The Fitbit Surge (although pricey) is looking like my ideal fitness band.
    xojrbqi66tb2.jpg
    My husband still might switch to the VivoFit. He wants a wrist band option that can sync with a HRM, is water proof, and has a display but can also be removed from the band and thrown in his pocket while at work (he works sanitation at a meat factory...so stuff on the wrist is a no no).
  • xjgirl94
    xjgirl94 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love how it tracks my sleep I just got one yesterday and its pretty cool! I need friends so I can do the challenges but don't know how to add them
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I have one, haven't used it in ages, but it was useful. I just got annoyed because the numbers just don't make sense sometimes.
  • xjgirl94
    xjgirl94 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had to take mine back it kept saying I burned like 2000 calories and wouldn't stay connected to my phone gonna try the jawbone
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love it.
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I use the Garmin 15 which is also a HRM. Only 50 bucks more. I had a fitbit one but it had trouble sycing so I returned it and got the Garmin and haven't looked back
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I had to take mine back it kept saying I burned like 2000 calories and wouldn't stay connected to my phone gonna try the jawbone

2000 calories in what amount of time?

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Istarted my current (exercise) journey in December (the calorie counting started in May this year). I got a HR monitor for Christmas and would track only workouts. In June, my work announced that everyone would get one of three reward items one of which was a fitbit flex. I was really excited but we didn't get them until late September. During this time, I continued to use my HR monitor. When I did get my Flex, I wore it along with my HR monitor and hated it. I found that the calorie tracking wasn't accurate, I would be on the elliptical for 50 minutes but it would only register 20 "active" minutes. I found it underestimated calories burned and it just wasn't for me. I sold it within a month of getting it.

8931969.png

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

When it said 2000 calories, how long had it been since midnight? How active had you been?

I routinely burn at least 2000 calories a day. Keep in mind fitbit's calorie report is your BMR + daily activity + exercise. My BMR is around 1536. I'm not sure how tall you are, but your BMR was probably a large chunk of that 2000 calories.

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a Zip. I bought it after I'd reached goal weight, but I still like it for the motivation it gives me to move more.

I went with the Zip because I didn't want something on my wrist, and I didn't need the sleep or stairs/floor tracking, it seems to have the best track record at not falling off a person, and I'm cheap. :p

It's been a real eye-opener for me to see how active or inactive I am on certain days, and the calorie burn estimate for the day seems to match with the numbers I've calculated and been using over the past couple of years, so that was nice info to have as well.

Read the reviews for the various models on Amazon - they can be very helpful in figuring out if a Fitbit is right for you, and which model to choose.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

It includes the calories you burn just living life as well as your exercise calories. So 2000 is probably somewhat accurate.
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have a fitbit one and I love it! :smiley: I find it hard to get serious with my goals without it. Whenever my one stops working I'll get one of those heartrate monitor fitbits, but I don't expect that to be for a long time.
  • eaviram
    Options
    Love my zip. Love the information. Has helped me stay on track and motivated.
  • alibali
    alibali Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One and I love it :D
  • nessab70
    nessab70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    fitbit flex here and it is my best friend